Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2021 2:55:20 PM EDT
I had the opportunity to snatch up a couple of the Series 2 CT scopes and pit them against the Series 3 5-25 and the Series 5 3-18 and other than tube size and lacking a zero stop, they're as close to identical in performance characteristics as I can measure. Up to several kilometers, no difference in the image quality. Turrets track solid. Reticle is a little small at minimum magnification, kickass at top end, workable in the middle. Illumination is solid. Every test passed. In some ways the 4-16x is a little better than my 3-18x, especially in costing less than half.

I got mine for 300 bucks on clearance from MidwayUSA. They still have this model and the Series 5's on stupid mega fire sale discount. If you're looking elsewhere right now for a budget scope, you're probably (though not certainly) being foolish. Discounts like this don't show up every day. I'm half tempted to buy them up so I can jack up the prices 20% and resell them. But, I'm not that kind of a dick. Still a dick, just a different kind than all that.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 9:32:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Agreed, 2 Series is solid.  The sale is gone on them, or at least I don’t see it on Midway anymore.  I’m really considering the 5 Series 3-24 for current pricing simply BECAUSE of current pricing.  I wish the turrets were a bit more snug, but other than that, $650 for a pair was a freaking steal.  Thanks for the comparison between it and the 3 Series.  I wanted a 3-18 but they weren’t in stock when I ordered mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top