Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2021 1:39:04 PM EDT
Looking for a tripod to replace my slik 700. I ordered an innoreal RT90c and tried to out over the weekend but it’s on the way back. It’s rock solid but the weight is too much to deal with. The above two options are what I’ve been considering if anyone has any input on those, but open to suggestions. Budget is probably $600, or i’d just get a RRS and be done with it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 2:32:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 2:53:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:
I have had the Two Vets for a few years and it's a pretty nice tripod. Strong and can do pretty much what you need from a shooting tripod. What will you be doing with the tripod? Shooting or spotting or both? If shooting will you be adding a clamping head or are you using arca?
View Quote

I’ll be strictly shooting with it. I hunt coyotes at night so I’ll be carrying and shooting with it 100% of the time I’m in the field. I’ll be using the RRS leveling base with arca rail on my rifle
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 3:40:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:03:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Rob01:
Two Vets should do what you need seeing as you already have the leveling base. I was going to mention the Vortex Radian tripod which comes with the leveling head but it’s on the top end of your price range and going Two Vets would be cheaper.
View Quote

I agree and will mention the Vanguard carbon fiber if it’s still made. It’s got a little more flex than the Two Vets. But it’s a shade bit lighter. I would also add the Primos Trigger monopod. I use the Stoney Point as my go too night hunting rest. Much quieter very useful as a walking stick and plenty steady enough for 200 yard shots. If you practice with a good monopod walking stick you will get to where you feel naked without it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:15:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 1:05:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the the info. The vortex also looks nice, just wish their was a little more data on it. The no name is looking like a pretty good contender although I secretly keep eyeing the RRS TV -22I. I want something sturdy, light and compact and price plays somewhat into that. But anything’s going to be a compromise in one of those departments, just not sure where I want to skimp
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 8:11:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Researched way too much and ended up ordering the RRS TFC-33. WAY more than I wanted to pay, but it’s supposed to be rock solid and fold up very compact. And it’s USA made so I can’t complain too much
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 8:05:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Attachment Attached File

Got a little bit of time behind it and I’m super impressed. Rock solid, I have no complaints
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 8:08:35 PM EDT
[#9]
3372 owner checking in. 10/10 would NOT buy again.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 9:13:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ThisWildAdventure:
View Quote

Too late for me anyway, but why do you say that?
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 9:48:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Smid:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I think he meant satisfied.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 9:50:31 AM EDT
[#12]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/325907/D4B9AC23-3B00-4A74-BA9A-4051E11B427C_jpe-1901495.JPG

Got a little bit of time behind it and I’m super impressed. Rock solid, I have no complaints
View Quote

Now but a good adjustable monopod and you will be complete.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 10:10:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ThisWildAdventure] [#13]
Originally Posted By sparkyD:

View Quote

Lol no.  When I said I would NOT buy it again, I meant I would NOT buy it again.

The adjustment portion from one of the legs is defective.  It keeps FUBARing itself, even after all the internal clips are carefully reconfigured per the Feisol manual.  That's my big beef.

Small beefs: The loosened legs don't drop freely like on my other tripods.  There are no labels on the legs indicating which way is tight.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 9:39:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Lol no.  When I said I would NOT buy it again, I meant I would NOT buy it again.

The adjustment portion from one of the legs is defective.  It keeps FUBARing itself, even after all the internal clips are carefully reconfigured per the Feisol manual.  That's my big beef.

Small beefs: The loosened legs don't drop freely like on my other tripods.  There are no labels on the legs indicating which way is tight.
View All Quotes

That sucks to hear. It was a top contender but then a local guy showed me how the legs can fold in past each other rather than meeting in the center  of it’s not closed right, and I knew that would drive me crazy

I don’t think I’d really benefit from one. I strictly hunt coyotes and they’re skittish from all the pressure. I don’t really stalk them, just try to call in
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:09:11 AM EDT
[#15]

That sucks to hear. It was a top contender but then a local guy showed me how the legs can fold in past each other rather than meeting in the center  of it’s not closed right, and I knew that would drive me crazy

I don’t think I’d really benefit from one. I strictly hunt coyotes and they’re skittish from all the pressure. I don’t really stalk them, just try to call in
View All Quotes

I thought the same thing but the walking stick monopod allows you to access an area quieter and if you tuck yourself into and under a cedar tree. The monopod is so much easier to setup plus it takes the weight off resting the rifle or shotgun. When you’re accessing an area you can move stuff with the monopod. Not to mention the keeping balance from using it as a walking stick. I never realized how accurate you could be to 300 yards with a monopod until someone else explained to me the benefits. I even use mine in the tree stand with my crossbow now. It’s improved my shooting that much.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:10:43 AM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

1/10 is not satisfied. I miss understood you. My bad
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 11:50:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Sorry I didn't notice this thread sooner OP.. this is a heck of a buy and has no issues holding my 15 plus pound rifle...110 bucks, has a built in monopod, will easily carry your rifle or optics...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I1C8VGI?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_asin_title
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By AKSnowRider:
Sorry I didn't notice this thread sooner OP.. this is a heck of a buy and has no issues holding my 15 plus pound rifle...110 bucks, has a built in monopod, will easily carry your rifle or optics...

View Quote

Center column tripod.  Eww gross.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:46:23 AM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AKSnowRider:

Man it’s ugly. But damn it looks functional. Now I kinda want one to add to my toy chest.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 2:37:02 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

That’s how I feel about them lol. I had a slik 700 before the RRS and luckily I’m short enough to run it with the column all the way down. My buddy used his pretty high and you can really feel the flex
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top