Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2022 2:19:42 AM EDT
I already have an aero upper and lower and now just need to start looking for a barrel.  Ill have a dedicated suppressor for this as well.

I always hear good things about krieger but I looked at krieger direct at the m110 but orderings isnt available for it online. I watched a YouTube video of a guy comparing the m110 krieger to a jp enterprises 20 in with a 1:10 twist and it wasn't really close to the krieger. I know this would just be one persons experience but im curious if its similar.M110 vs jp enterprises

Does anyone have experience with the jp enterprises with the 1:11 twist or should I be looking at wilson combat or maybe getting a krieger or similar barrel made by CLE?
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 9:01:27 AM EDT
[#1]
No experience with their .308, but my Wilson 6.5C Recon Tactical might be the most accurate AR I have.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 10:48:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Ammunition has a huge effect on accuracy. I own several AR-10's in .308, all of them Armalite B models. I own Noveske, Lilja and Armalite barrels and am very satisfied with all of them.

I prefer 1/10 twist barrels, always have. My handloads are 168 grain SMK's loaded with 40.0 grains of IMR-4895 in Lake City or IMI brass. 100% reliable and under 1.5 moa from a rest.

You can't go wrong with Compass Lake Engineering, Lilja, Wilson Combat, Rainier Arms or JPRifles IMO. They all make quality barrels.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 8:08:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ghostface] [#3]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:03:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I’ve been extremely pleased with my Lilja barrels.  Currently have an 18” in my Aero M5 build and a 20” in my Grendel.

https://riflebarrels.com/product-category/drop-in-barrels/ar/ar10-308/

Initial load development with 175gr SMKs and IMR 4064.  Ended up settling on a load that’s consistently a little over 1/2 MOA if I do my part.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/21/2022 8:31:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I have 2, both Creedmoors but I am sure the 308 would be similar.

Rainier I have on one is dead on. Great barrel, love it.

The Proof barrel I just got and put on my other has been very accurate so far. Keep in mind it only has 30 rounds through it so far, but if it holds it will be another great barrel.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 9:43:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I got a proof 18" .875" barrel for my Aero build...Haven't shot it yet, but if it shoots half as good as it is, sexy AF, then I will not have any complaints...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top