Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2018 1:45:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tucansam]
I use Strelok Pro, Shooter (paid version), and JBM online.

Shooter and JBM mostly match, Strelok doesn't usually match them.  I play with all of them until I get dope that is reasonably close and repeatable.

Today I had a weird issue.  6.5 Grendel, 12" barrel.  Had targets at 335Y, 425Y, 558Y.

335Y dope called for 2.1 mils up, impact was dead on.

425Y dope called for 3.3 mils up, impact was dead on.

558Y dope called for 5.1 mils, 5.7 was actually required.  Went back and shot 425Y, now 3.8 mils was required.

Barrel was minimally hot. I'd fire five rounds, and then go mess around for a half our or so before repeating.

I'm a little stumped why the 558Y dope is so different, and why 425Y changed mid-stream.  Vortex PST Gen 1, went to Vortex a short time ago for a lube and oil change, and was checked by them.  So for the moment I have no reason to doubt the scope, although I have not done a tall target test.  I did, however, dial during my entire range session, and dope seemed to return to wherever it was I needed it just fine.

Biggest question, does any of the aforementioned software allow for corrections, ie, I tell the ballistic computer that its 335Y dope was good, but that 558Y was off by 0.6mils, and the computer extrapolates that new information to recalculate the BC and then generate a new dope table.

Advice welcome.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 2:17:42 AM EDT
[#1]
How many rounds are on the gun?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 2:41:47 AM EDT
[#2]
The AB app by Brian Litz at Berger bullets should, it does in my kilo 2400 running that program...also applies to MV based off temps...
DSF(Drop Scale Factor is BC)...
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 5:42:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ziarifleman:
How many rounds are on the gun?
View Quote
Just shy of 300 rounds.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 5:42:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AKSnowRider:
The AB app by Brian Litz at Berger bullets should, it does in my kilo 2400 running that program...also applies to MV based off temps...
DSF(Drop Scale Factor is BC)...
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/404934/fullsizeoutput_551_jpeg-724045.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/404934/fullsizeoutput_552_jpeg-724046.JPG
View Quote
Thanks, I will take a look at this software vs what I am using now.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 9:10:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By tucansam:

Just shy of 300 rounds.
View Quote
That radical of a change in dope would have me re-chronoing the gun.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 12:08:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: popnfresh] [#6]
Usually if there is a discrepancy it is user error or incorrect data input.

If Strelok and Shooter don't agree your inputs don't match. They should agree within an inch of drop even into subsonic distances..

Strelok vs AB Mobile/Shooter (they all output the same), 1200yds look at inches of drop and drift.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:42:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I use Strelok and had some weird things like that happen....The scope is at Leupold right now....The software these days is pretty damn accurate. As long as you enter in the proper data.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top