Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2022 10:18:05 AM EDT
Any of you guys ever seen any good or bad effects of adding comps or brakes or flash hiders to you rifle's/barrel accuracy? I'd always assumed that the bullet would be less disturbed by the gasses leaving the barrel as long as the muzzle device was symmetric like a brake or a 3/4 prong flash hider. Comps are always asymmetric b/c they are ejecting more gas up than down... hence my question. I'd also thought that maybe the design of the muzzle device itself (interior and bore) could have an effect. Would it make any sense to have the end of the muzzle device bore to have a sort of a target crown like the barrel should?

I ask b/c I just got a new 20" 223 precision barrel on order and am planning the build. Need a Key Mount (keymo) style muzzle device and was looking at all of the different options and want to pick one that will have the least influence on accuracy.

Thanks.

-ZA

Link Posted: 4/29/2022 4:25:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 5:10:46 AM EDT
[#2]
All muzzle devices have been random as far as inflence on accuracy in my experience with the majority causing a small POI shift and no change in accuracy.

Certain silencers cause both a larger POI shift and far greater difference in accuracy, with some seemingly always improving accuracy and some always hurting it.

Link Posted: 5/2/2022 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#3]
only when I over-torqued the muzzle device trying to get it clocked perfectly.  took the MD off, used a different combination of shims, and voila!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top