Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2018 7:10:30 PM EDT
I have a Colt Accurized rifle CR6724 that is a real tack driver and I want to upgrade the trigger . I have a Jard 1565 small pin adjustable trigger that I bought 10 years ago and want to use it in the large pin CR6724 . I came across this offset pin setup ,and wonder if it is any good ? Colt AR15/M16 Lower Receiver Offset Adaptor Pin
Adapts Large Pin Colt lower receivers  to fit standard small pin upper receivers.
 On the Colt AR15/M16, the front pin that joins the upper receiver to the lower receiver is larger than the pin hole on the popular new standard AR15 upper receivers. This is the pin the barreled upper hinges on when disassembling the rifle. Our Offset Adaptor Pin has a reduced diameter center section that is also off center. This allows a modern small pin upper to fit onto a Colt large pin lower. The offset center pin section allows positioning for the tightest fit. The two piece construction of this adaptor pin makes installation easy.
 Installation Procedure: Unscrew the removable end of the Adaptor Pin. Position your standard upper for installation onto your Colt lower. Push the small end of the Adaptor pin thru the lower and into the tighter fitting hole of the upper. At the same time, fit the larger end into the large hole of the lower. Now go to the other side of your rifle and screw the removable end of the pin thru the left large pin hole of the lower... Screw it onto the threaded end that is protruding from the small hole of the upper. With the end screw on but not yet tight, swing the upper assembly down into assembled position. Finally use a screw driver to twist the adaptor pin to take out any looseness of fit.
Anyone have any experience with it ?
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 9:22:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Only the Sporter models SP1 and Sporter II, and some commercial Colt stuff from the early 90s used big .315 holes. The military guns and everyone else, including Colt since the late 90s, uses standard .250 holes.

An offset adapter pin works fine. It can shift when you swing open the halves, so some folks lock in the offset pin to the lower using super glue or epoxy or threadlocker.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 1:24:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GONIF] [#2]
Not the CR6724 , it has large pin .171 pins not .250 . As it turns out there is no way to do it . I'll just have to get a large pin trigger for the rifle .
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 2:19:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GONIF:
Not the CR6724 , it has large pin .171 pins not .250 . As it turns out there is no way to do it . I'll just have to get a large pin trigger for the rifle .
View Quote
The item you asked about above is an adapter pin for PIVOT pins - of which there were the .250 and .315 varieties.

The fire control pins, .171 vs .154, are different. They could be adapted with bushings, but that solution is much less common than the pivot pin adapters.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 2:42:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: backbencher] [#4]
View Quote
You would install the Jard trigger in a new lower, and use the adapter pin to adapt the upper to a standard lower.

Alternatively, you could replace the upper and lower, moving your bbl to the new upper.

Geissele has Colt pin triggers.

ETA:  FYI, if that's a pre-ban lower, it's worth a lot in Massachusetts and Connecticut.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 5:37:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GONIF] [#5]
Not preban and not  changing the lower . Yea I found out those are the upper and lower pins not the trigger pins. This is a Colt CR6724 24 inch accurized AR that was bought in 1997 . the factory trigger is just NOT as light and crisp as I would like . I'm going with a Timney Calvin Elite Custom replacement trigger at 1.5 lbs . The rifle shoots MOA and i'm looking for 1/2 moa groups .
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 8:50:54 PM EDT
[#6]
These are totally different pin hole considerations you're looking at.

.315 is large pivot pin from SP-1 and SPIIs, non government models.

Colt also made some lowers in the 1990s with larger hammer and trigger pins.

Normal:

Larger Colt, although I've seen them referred to as .171" dia pins before:

Link Posted: 5/30/2018 5:46:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GONIF] [#7]
MINE HAS THE .171 TRIGGER PINS , And the Timney Calvin elite 660CE is on the way .
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 7:59:41 AM EDT
[#8]
MINE HAS THE .171 TRIGGER PINS...
View Quote
Mine too... Wish I would have remembered before I ordered the Larue triggers, lol
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 2:47:13 PM EDT
[#9]
The deal is I have to buy it Calvin elite 660ce  with small pin bushings and then contact Timney and they will send me the large pin bushings that I have to  install myself  at no charge .
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 2:23:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GONIF] [#10]
So I went and  got the large bushings from Timney and ordered the CMC .171 large anti walk pins to fit the rifle lower . Colt should have never made lowers with large hole receivers .
I know I don't need the anti walk pins , but with these drop in triggers I don't trust the set screws to hold the pins in .
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 10:04:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 6:04:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By bfoosh06:
I bought a Geissele Large pin trigger for mine years ago... it remains dedicated to a Varmint / Target rifle to this day.

I would make it what you want, and leave it. The Colt large pin is quirky enough to be a mild pita. ... Thank god trigger manufacturers still sell parts for them.
View Quote
That's what I used in my Colt SP1 ,hard to beat Geissele for a combat trigger . For this precision 24 inch paper and coyote puncher  the lighter, crisper, better reset  Timney Calvin elite is a better way to go at 1.5 # .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top