Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2019 3:27:53 PM EDT
Does anyone have any experience using one of these rifles? The 18" barrel is a little short but overall it seems like a nice deal at $1,400 if this is a precision barrel.

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Colt-Modular-Carbine-6-5-Creedmoor-Semi-Auto-Rifle-p/cm65-18s.htm
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 10:17:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By papabear1868:
Does anyone have any experience using one of these rifles? The 18" barrel is a little short but overall it seems like a nice deal at $1,400 if this is a precision barrel.

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Colt-Modular-Carbine-6-5-Creedmoor-Semi-Auto-Rifle-p/cm65-18s.htm
View Quote
I’m very interested too....if Colt is making a 6.5 then the round must be something to consider.  I’d like to know about reliability and accuracy of course????
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 9:54:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 31niner:

if Colt is making a 6.5 then the round must be something to consider.  
View Quote
Because Colt is making it, it must be something to be considered huh?  When did Colt become the gate keeper of popular chamberings? LOL!!!
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 1:49:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Colt is shit.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 9:47:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Two words...  STAY and AWAY
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 2:12:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By papabear1868:

View Quote
If you bought a 901 in 6.5 Creedmor, you did good. I've seen/watched many good reviews for the 901 rifles with nary a bad word on reliability or performance.

Colt has 'discontinued' that series of 901's but continues to list the M.A.R.C. series in one configuration with two calibers; 6.5CM and 7.62x51. Until Colt resumes production and sales to civilians it's a hard sell. Colt reports them as Out Of Stock which is more encouraging than discontinued.

Those of us who bought into the 901's have been scrounging for parts and all the available spare parts have been pretty well cleaned out or are being neck bearded.

I'm optimistic that Colt will resume production but I think, it will be an extremely limited production if it ever does occur.

For 6.5CM there are many, many choices that are well supported with no end in sight.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 2:16:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By FALex:
Because Colt is making it, it must be something to be considered huh?  When did Colt become the gate keeper of popular chamberings? LOL!!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FALex:
Originally Posted By 31niner:

if Colt is making a 6.5 then the round must be something to consider.  
Indeed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top