Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2021 2:44:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scottyman]
Hells Canyon Speed/Long Range/Western Hunter Long Range vs Christensen Arms Mesa.  28 Nosler or 30 Nosler.
Do any of these have accuracy/QC problems? The Mesa has the sub MOA guarantee and great trigger, but the 60 degree bolt, tang safety and 1:8 twist of the Browning is a plus.
The Bergara Wilderness Ridge can't be found on 28 Nosler anywhere.
Need to keep the cost under $1,200-ish. Mostly Deer hunting and some long range play.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 12:29:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a CA Ridgline in. 6.5 Cr. It doesn't shoot real well. 2 moa is about normal.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 4:33:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By owtlaw:
I have a CA Ridgline in. 6.5 Cr. It doesn't shoot real well. 2 moa is about normal.
View Quote

That's not good, especially for 2K ish. I'd take CA up on their one MOA or better guarantee.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 4:46:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 0002s] [#3]
HC Max Long Range.in 6.5 PRC. It shoots 1 MOA or under with anything I’ve stuffed into it so far.

Bergara Premier Highlander in 300 PRC that shoot even better.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 8:22:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a really good experience with a MPR. It was a shorty 308 and it was a great feel. I ultimately traded it because I didn't want to play with 308 anymore.

I am always on Tikka by default. If they make something that'll work for you, it's a easy no regrets decision and they have a ton of field / weather etc street credit.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 11:09:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By owtlaw:
View Quote

Buddy of mine has one in 30 Nosler that barely chambers factory ammo with two different lots of Nosler ammo tested. It takes a shit load of force to close the bolt. Likely a short chamber.

CA makes Remington look competent.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 2:09:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Buddy has a 300prc made by CA...he won't buy another...

OP its a bit more money, but MPA builds a super nice entry level PRS rifle that will be worth every penny you spend, including a 3/8 MOA guarantee...They used to run like 1500 bucks, might be a bit more now, but they are a full on custom build by MPA, from the Curtis action, to the trigger tech trigger all installed in any one of their chassis...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top