Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2020 10:19:21 PM EDT
I don’t have a ton of cash to spend, and need a bipod that attaches to a Picatinny rail. I would like it to swivel. This will be going on a 20” 6.5 cm AR.
What’s my options?
$50 to $100.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:22:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Magpul?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:23:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Harris or Magpul are in that ballpark.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:33:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Magpul and Harris
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:34:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I have to say, the Magpul looks just what I’m looking for.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 11:07:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Default-Gateway] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By shootertim:
I have to say, the Magpul looks just what I’m looking for.
Thanks.
View Quote

I have the mlok version on a regular 16" AR.  It is alot nice and sturdier than I thought it would be.

Then again I'm certainly not a high speed operator.  Just bench and prone plinking but I don't think you'd be disappointed.  Try gun.deals over reddit to see if anyone has any deals.  I think I paid $70ish a couple months ago IIRC.
Eta mrgunsngear has a video on it if you want to look it up.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 9:47:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:12:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Spider Legs: Review of the Leapers UTG Recon Flex M-Lok Bipod - The Social Regressive

I like this guy. He's done a lot of decent vids. This was one he did on a UTG bipod... Just to offer something different to check out.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:18:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MS556] [#8]
Harris (real Harris, not a Chicom clone) with swivel and notch legs.  Add a lever lock and you are set.  Tried and true.

You’ll need a cheap sling post adapter for Picatinny.

Model S-BR (6”-9”) for shooting at bench or prone.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:37:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By MS556:
Harris (real Harris, not a Chicom clone) with swivel and notch legs.  Add a lever lock and you are set.  Tried and true.

You’ll need a cheap sling post adapter for Picatinny.

Model S-BR (6”-9”) for shooting at bench or prone.
View Quote

They changed all their designations on us.  It's the "HBRMS" for the 6-9" notched swivel now.  Bonus points:  Harris makes rotating and fixed Keymod/MLOK adapters now too, really low profile ones.  I may have to pick one up and give it a go.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:00:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:58:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ProfessorHorseyhead] [#11]
Originally Posted By Rob01:
Been BRM-S since they started selling them. BR for 6-9", M for notched legs and S for Swivel.
View Quote

And yet, strangely, straight from Harris themselves, they changed it.

A few years back when I bought mine the card in the package was printed with "S-BRM".
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 5:40:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:54:12 PM EDT
[#13]
The Magpul isn't bad. But I keep going back to the Harris. I now have 1 short leg Harris bipod w/ Larue QD mount for all my AR's. I have several KAC and Arisaka M-Lok to Picatinny rail sections I put on each AR that would possibly get shot off of bipod. Makes swapping a breeze.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 2:27:20 PM EDT
[#14]
My brother and I are very happy with the three Magpuls between us.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 11:04:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Rob01:
Been BRM-S since they started selling them. BR for 6-9", M for notched legs and S for Swivel.
View Quote

Correct, I just typed it wrong.  I think the real Harris BRM-S is still the benchmark when you add a swivel lock and put it on Larue or ADM QD picatinny mount.  There are more expensive and elegant alternatives, like the Atlas, lower priced Chicom “wanna be” versions, Magpul and others, but I keep coming back to the real Harris benchrest swivel model.

Link Posted: 7/3/2020 5:55:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By MS556:

Correct, I just typed it wrong.  I think the real Harris BRM-S is still the benchmark when you add a swivel lock and put it on Larue or ADM QD picatinny mount.  There are more expensive and elegant alternatives, like the Atlas, lower priced Chicom “wanna be” versions, Magpul and others, but I keep coming back to the real Harris benchrest swivel model.

https://i.postimg.cc/5NQ6HNsT/779683-DF-F0-F4-4728-B1-BF-AEFEE142-D27-D.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/zBRcQw4f/IMG-3607.jpg

View Quote

Yep, I use my Harris bipod more than my Atlas.  The Harris 13.5-27" is very useful in the field.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 6:10:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I like my magpul
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top