Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2018 12:15:07 PM EDT
I’ve settled on two models for spotting scopes which will be used at maximum to 300 yards. C70 and C90. I’m just torn on which will give me better field of view and clarity.

Also, does anyone know of any padded protectors for either model?
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 12:36:44 PM EDT
[#1]
The 90 isn't variable is it? I wouldn't want to be stuck at magnification.

I have the 65, works fine for my needs to a jillion yards (1690 really), seeing holes on paper at 200, recording, etc. At max mag my eyeball has to touch the ocular is my only complaint.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 12:40:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Oops, you are correct. The 90 is fixed but the 70 is variable. I didn’t catch that, thanks.

The 70 it is.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 2:47:44 PM EDT
[#3]
The C90 isn’t fixed power, but the eyepiece it ships with is a single focal length which is most common in astronomy.  It will accept any 1.25” eyepiece which could include other fixed focal length eyepiece or a variable eyepiece like an 8-24mm which would equate to 50x - 156x magnification.  That range may be too high for use as a spotting scope but the c90 can be used as a variable mag spotter.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 5:20:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Et2ss] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jhr1986:
The C90 isn’t fixed power, but the eyepiece it ships with is a single focal length which is most common in astronomy.  It will accept any 1.25” eyepiece which could include other fixed focal length eyepiece or a variable eyepiece like an 8-24mm which would equate to 50x - 156x magnification.  That range may be too high for use as a spotting scope but the c90 can be used as a variable mag spotter.
View Quote
I have the 90.

Mine came with 2 eye pieces. A 39x, and a (I think a) 100X

For general use out to 200 m or so the 39x was more than enough. With the 100x(?) it is good for spotting holes even at my 425 yd target.Also was even able to pick out .17 holes
in old grey weathered plywood at about 180 yds.

The tripod it came with was shit, but I snagged a nice Bogen from work, and the set up is tits

It was a hell of a deal from Optics Planet for $117 with free shipping
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 12:01:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: atblis] [#5]
A little late to the party... The C90 is a way better scope than the C70 (I have both). It's probably the cheapest scope that'll actually resolve bullet holes at 300 yards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top