Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2020 7:45:19 PM EDT
I am doing two builds currently and was wondering if I could use a LEAP mount from Scalarworks for both builds.

Build 1: Radian Model 1 w/ 16" barrel and this will use the Scalarworks LEAP/07 mount with a Vortex Gen III 1-10 lpvo. Which height do I want? I am guessing the 1.5 vs the 1.9? This is 34mm.

Build 2: Falkor Petra in 300 Win Mag (AR style platform) so I was wanting to use a LEAP/07 mount for my Vortex Razor AMG 6-24x50 will that work just fine and would I want the 1.9 for this one? This one is 30mm.

Just cant find anyone setting them up this way so wanted to ask the guys who might know before I order the mounts.

Thanks,
David
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 8:24:40 AM EDT
[#1]
1.9" is fine for the 1-10x, if you know you will spend more time shooting upright, rather than prone or behind a bench.  

1.5" is better for general purpose use and high magnification scopes, like the 6-24x.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 8:49:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:40:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the input! I read some posts on ARFCOM that were from 2017/2018 and they were saying that higher calibers were knocking the scalarworks mounts loose and they were meant for only 5.56 and so I wasn't sure if they were the best option for mounts for a 1-10x on a 5.56 or a 6-24x on a 300 win mag.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top