Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2022 4:21:08 PM EDT
As a nice gift, I bought myself a cz457 as a holiday gift. It's a 16.5in At-One. I've just been shooting the older fodder, to break it in. Well, that and I'm waiting to resupply my array of target ammos. The gun is fantastic. If it shoots this good, w/ 50yo ammo, I can't wait to put something good through it.

My only gripe, however, is w/ the magwell. It's definitely my worst experience w/ any rifle I've used. And this is from a guy who loves his Savage Mkii.
All CZ had to do was run a short chamfer down the sides and design the block w/ a fillet/chamfer. I doubt it would raise the cost of a mass produced piece.
Anyway, I did it myself. Two shakes in the mill and it's light-years better. A file could do it lickity split, if that's all you have.

Now, if they only made the release 2.5mm longer
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:31:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 1:48:43 PM EDT
[#2]
@TODD-67
I've seen those, along w/ the modified bottom metals.

I already have a couple lever designs ready to be 3d printed and tried. The winner will be milled from Al
I started making a new bolt knob, but can't seem to find my M6x1.0 tap. It'll have to wait until I get back to the office and check my other boxes.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 9:47:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow great shooting!

I want a 457 badly.  If I see one at a gun store the credit card will make a "pop" sound from the vacuum created whipping it out so fast.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 3:47:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I was thinking of picking up a bottom metal piece with a barricade stop made into it. Didn’t realize my 457 synthetic doesn’t have that piece or a place for it to go. Glad I didn’t impulse buy it. Lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top