Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2022 10:34:16 PM EDT
I am conflicted.  I would like a nice 22 bolt action to start with, and maybe later up grade.  Both are within a few dollars of each other.  The CZ would be easier to change barrels, and the BMP is easier to do a trigger job.  Any major changes would have to wait until fall or later.  I would like to hear some real life opinions of those that have one or the other.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 12:04:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bubba556] [#1]
I own both CZ 457 and the Bergara BMR both are easy to do a trigger job on, both have aftermarket triggers available, and both shoot good out of the box with ammo that they like. That’s about were it ends for the BMR not much aftermarket for it yet and compared to the CZ 457 the BMR is a lightweight toy maybe good for squirrel hunting. I’d recommend the CZ 457. Head over to RimefireCentral lots of information on both.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 7:40:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I would get the B14R if you can swing it but I have been really happy with CZ 457 MTR
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 11:02:43 AM EDT
[#3]
In order to give a specific reply, I'd say the question would be is "what are you looking to do with it?" Competition? Hunting? Trainer for Centerfire? All around Rimfire rifle?
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 11:24:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I went cz 457 because of the aftermarket support.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 6:24:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I am going to have a few busy days.  For a year or more, anything I wanted was forever out of stock.  Now, within the last day or so, every rifle I thought about has shown up locally.  I will be going to a couple of shops to pick up and check each out  Thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 6:32:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a CZ 457 Scout for the kids and it's great.

I plan on getting a MTR for myself.

Haven't shot the Bergara though
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 8:45:48 PM EDT
[#7]
@matai  you should check out the Scout at Sportsman's Warehouse.  It comes with a laminate stock.  Since I will be at a shop close by, I thought I would see how it looks in person.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 9:05:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Have you considered a Tikka T1x?  I've read good things about it.  That, or the B14r.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 4:19:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I ended up buying the Scout at Sportsman's.  Now the real search begins.  Where can I find magazines?
The Scout has a green laminate stock, other wise every thing else is typical CZ457.  Looks like it will be fun to plink with until funds are saved for changes.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 3:33:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I followed the instructions on Rimfire Central on adjusting the stock trigger.  After I was finished and had it all back together, I performed a bump test several times and it held.  Then, I sighted down the rifle and pulled the trigger.  All I could think was way too light for plinking, and went back in and added a small amount of spring pressure.  No way is a Timney or Yodave kit needed with mine.  I may lighten it back up after changes are made later on this year.  Now to find a decent bore guide, and an 11mm rail adapter.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 5:51:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Here is my CZ457 Varmjnt in an Oryx chassis. I put a different spring and adjusted the trigger down to 8oz. If I could ever find a bergara br14 locally I would probably pick one up. Both nice .22's

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 9:58:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PAESAN] [#12]
I faced the same choice and went 457, no regerts. Just awaiting my MPA chassis...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top