Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2020 11:22:14 PM EDT
I’m looking at putting a lpvo on a .224 Valkyrie upper. Everything I’ve read has pointed me to the Burris rt6 for my $300-350 budget. I’ve read several great reviews of it but none have went into turret repeatability. Turrets are my number one priority and want to make sure they are precise. Any opinions on this from users? Thx
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 10:24:31 AM EDT
[#1]
A Burris RT6 and a 224 Valkyrie do not match up well. The RT6 is good on a 223 for something like 3 gun or carbine matches, but not for distances that you shoot a Valkyrie at.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 10:44:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you meaning the bdc reticle?
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 10:56:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Eastridge1213:
Are you meaning the bdc reticle?
View Quote

The reticle won't be just right, and the fact that it's using capped 1/2 MOA turrets, not target/long range turrets.

Attachment Attached File

If you plan to dial in between precision shots, low capped turrets probably aren't for you.
Non-resettable
No zero stop
1/2 MOA graduations.

The RT6 and other similar optics are meant to be set-and-forget, and use the reticle compensation for rapid engagement.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 11:03:42 AM EDT
[#4]
The reason I was looking at this scope was the turrets. It seemed to have nicer target turrets while others had less ideal style. The 1/2 moa adjustments aren’t ideal but every lpvo I looked at were 1/2. Even the more expensive. Seems the only way to get a 1/8 is to step up to a 3x9, which I’ve been avoiding.

I am looking to dial turrets but still looking a lpvo. Is there a better option out there?
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 11:42:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#5]
Originally Posted By Eastridge1213:
The reason I was looking at this scope was the turrets. It seemed to have nicer target turrets while others had less ideal style. The 1/2 moa adjustments aren’t ideal but every lpvo I looked at were 1/2. Even the more expensive. Seems the only way to get a 1/8 is to step up to a 3x9, which I’ve been avoiding.

I am looking to dial turrets but still looking a lpvo. Is there a better option out there?
View Quote

What ranges are you planning to shoot?
A LPVO generally isn't the best tool if you're getting out to ranges where you start having to dial in your elevation...
Lucid has a 1-6 that is $400 and has exposed target turrets.

https://www.primaryarms.com/lucid-l7-variable-1-6x24mm-rifle-scope-blue-illumination-p7-reticle

Leupold also has some, but they are over your budget.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 11:59:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By RDTCU:

What ranges are you planning to shoot?
A LPVO generally isn't the best tool if you're getting out to ranges where you start having to dial in your elevation...
Lucid has a 1-6 that is $400 and has exposed target turrets.

https://www.primaryarms.com/lucid-l7-variable-1-6x24mm-rifle-scope-blue-illumination-p7-reticle

Leupold also has some, but they are over your budget.
View Quote

I’m looking to get out to 400 yards easily but be capable of up to 600
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top