Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2020 5:53:12 PM EDT
I posted earlier about possibly getting an xtr II but decided against it for now.  I was curious if anyone's had the chance to handle an XTR III yet?  Glass as good or better than a Vortex PST GEN II?
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 7:41:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Snipershide has the scoop on them. It’s a definite step up.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 9:16:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: barrysuperhawk] [#2]
Subscribed.  Oddly enough UPS is going to deliver TWO new XTRiii's to me Monday, the 201202 3.3-18x50mm SCR 2 MIL, Non Illum and the 201212 5.5-30x56mm MIL, Non Illum.  

It will probably be a bit before I can do anything for real with them, because the rifles for them are not purchased/built yet, but I will check back because I have a Vortex 4.5-27 that I can compare them to.

ETA:

They are heeEEER!

First impressions (indoor, not mounted yet), Much better than viper PST, on par with (or closer to) the Razor...
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 4:45:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I got my hands on an XTRIII a couple months ago and I was very impressed with what they put out.  It’s pretty close to the Steiner T5Xi in terms of optical quality (same ownership).  A couple of differences, but close.  It’s also pretty close or on par with the Vortex Razor.  Similar price point to the Razor, so that makes sense.  A very impressive scope.  The XTR used to be “best of the rest” for optics under the $1k-$1200 mark, but now they’re going for the high-end Beta-tier scopes like the Razor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top