Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2020 10:37:45 AM EDT
Any thoughts on how to stop bump-fire? I built up a 6.5 Creedmoor and threw a Geissele ssa-e 2 stage trigger and if I am to lite on the trigger it will throw 3 rounds down range before I can blink. Firm trigger press prevents it but I am used to just kissing the trigger on my bolt gun when shooting precision.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 1:12:10 PM EDT
[#1]
The SSA-E’s should be heavy enough to not bumpfire. The Hi speed national matches can get a bit lower and are much easier to bump even with good form.
I’d suggest working on your form and ensure you shoulder the rifle firmly. If you are trying to free recoil a large frame, they can bump more easily. That combined with good follow through on the trigger pull should eliminate the bumpfire.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:34:58 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a PISTOL grip. Like Patrick Star said, firmly grasp it. The fingers and base of thumb should squeeze evenly to the grip's center to not torque or pull, or if there is pull it should be straight into shoulder.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 4:13:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zephri] [#3]
Heh, I had this happen last time I did some shooting with my ar10. Like an idiot I didn't firmly keep the trigger to the rear when I squeezed off a shot and just lightly squeezed it, I also preloaded the bipod which I guess really helps bump firing. It's amazing how quite a range gets when you fire off four shots off like that.

I use a Larue MBT-2S trigger.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top