Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2018 10:18:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NotanATFagent]
I’ve always bought cheap bipods off of Amazon but now that I have my Bergara HMR, I noticed that the bipod is not even close to being level.

If I spend more money on a nicer bipod, will it make my setup more level?

Suggestions for bipods for my precision rifle?
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 12:18:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm fond of the Harris 9-13 with the swivel option & notched legs.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 2:49:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Harris w/swivel on a Rem 700 and it works well and is lightweight. Put a Versa Pod on my son's rifle and I'm impressed with it so much, I'm thinking about switching out the Harris.

The Versa Pod is easy to remove and replace using a lever on the side. It's built stronger, no external springs to catch on brush and has the ability to pan, which I like a lot. The price is less too. Picked mine up from Dvor for $75 which includes the sling swivel mount. I have the ski feet model and the feet can be changed.

The Harris is faster to deploy and looks more fashionable. The Versa Pod looks like it would be right at home on a light MG.

Midway has them for $81. Versa Pod
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 10:48:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Atlas or Harris with a couple minor mods.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 12:02:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 11:55:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PAESAN] [#5]
I have a handful of Atlases but just got the Magpul offering its it’s really slick, especially at $100. Would recommend.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 6:23:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I have an older Harris I put on my 300rum hunting rifle..couldn't keep the pivot bolt tight, even with locktight..ended up taking it off and bought an Atlas PRS model..absolutely love the Atlas..so much smoother to shoot off then the Harris was, plus it pans which is a nice feature. It is a bit slower to set up but its not bad at all...I did put the Hawk Talon feet on it as well...Under a smaller cartridge the Harris is probable a fine choice...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 8:17:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 2:22:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:
You need a Pod Loc for a Harris to keep the swivel locked if you wanted to keep it completely locked. The little nut they come with don't work to tighten it enough but with the Pod Loc it's very easy. They run about $20. I recommend it for any Harris with a swivel as it allows for easy adjustment of the swivel.
View Quote
Yeah it had a pod lock(MPA's version with their mount block), that wasn't the problem, the 9/16" nut that bolted tight to the bracket wouldn't stay tight...even with lock tight...Somedays it would come loose in less then 5 rounds..Zero issues with the Atlas...install and forget...

In this pic it is the 9/16" nut that holds the shaft to the bracket.....(not "A" or "B")
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 2:24:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 3:36:44 PM EDT
[#10]
There was a problem with that specific bipod then as that is not a common issue with Harris bipods with Pod Locs on them.
View Quote
Meh, I think it has more to do with magnum recoil personally..300rum @3220 isn't exactly a light recoil...Regardless, the Atlas solved all issues...Would have tried a magpul had they been available, but wasn't going to wait for them to hit retailers...I would have no issues with using another Harris..just not on a magnum rifle...
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 3:43:45 PM EDT
[#11]
The new MagPull bipods are really nice.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 4:02:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:34:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Used on on a few 300WMs, 338s and even a 408 CheyTac and never an issue. I firmly believe you had an isolated incident.
View Quote
May well have been isolated, regardless it is fixed now it seems...
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:43:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top