Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2021 9:38:16 PM EDT
Is the only option to replace the bighorn tl3 firing pin to buy the entire firing pin assembly?  It's about $150.  In the event a pin breaks.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:40:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 4:02:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:
Good question. Have you called Zermatt Bighorn and asked? I have only seen the full assemblies myself.
View Quote

I did after I posted above.  They have only the firing pins, if you request by email, $35 I think.  The person I spoke to said the full firing pin assembly negates setting the pin up for depth, etc, which he suggested was complicated.  I don't know, I've never had to do that.  I can imagine you would want the pin to hit the primer just right, hard enough to detonate, but not to pierce.  

When I was debating tl3 vs origin, zermatt bighorn did say the tl3 is more demanding for setup.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top