Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2020 8:27:04 AM EDT
So I won a barrel from Barnes Precision Machine chambered in 260 Remington for large frame AR platforms. Does anyone have any experience with BPM? I’m not a PRS guy or anything but I hear good things about 260 Remington. Also what are the typical barrel life expectancy for 260 Remington?
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 10:31:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By TBone556:
So I won a barrel from Barnes Precision Machine chambered in 260 Remington for large frame AR platforms. Does anyone have any experience with BPM? I’m not a PRS guy or anything but I hear good things about 260 Remington. Also what are the typical barrel life expectancy for 260 Remington?
View Quote

No real experience with the 260, though I have looked at them for a large frame shooter.

BPM has a good reputation here, they are a local company to me. When they first started getting their name out, I stopped by and he helped me with some odds and ends on a bolt gun, and we talked for a few hours about shooting of all kinds, especially precision (he was into distance, talking about his 300WM). Good dude with good products. They have some rifles in LE hands here locally too.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 12:39:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies. 260 rem seems like a solid round. I just need to contact Barnes and find out if this barrel is compatible with my aero m5 receiver. Was planning on making a 308 long gun but this barrel is a new opportunity.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top