Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/10/2020 9:29:21 PM EDT
I have run through a #1 of cfe 223 and still have one left.  There is no powder available close by but I have found some BLC-2 available w shipping so I will probably want to get more than one lb to make up for the shipping and wanted to get an idea of how they compare?  blc-2 is $40 and they have the cfe but its now $60/#1!!!

I some ss109 pulls I have been working thru may grab some hornady 62gr lead fmj's unless I can find something better for self defense this week.  I have some boxed ammo but wanted something just incase.  May also grab some hunting bullets to work on.  I do have some varget but trying to keep that for my AR308, very glad I got #8 when I did!

I like the cfe because it meters so easily compared to the extruded varget.  

Any comparisons are greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

If anyone has any other recommendations that are also available online let me know too.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 10:18:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Power pro varmit>xbr8208>everything else
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 10:46:37 PM EDT
[#2]
BLC-2 makes for some very accurate 55 grain loads.
I don't have any experience with the results of 62 grain bullets.
It's some of the best metering powder I've worked with, very consistent weights throughout the loading process.
I use it for my target loads.
My dad uses it for his prairie dog loads.
Not sure about velocities, I haven't run them through the chrono.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 1:07:00 AM EDT
[#3]
BLC-(2) is great.  26.0 gr behind a 62gr FMJ is giving me good accuracy out of a 18" Ballistic Advantage SPR barrel.  Sub MOA.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 7:50:19 PM EDT
[#4]
well she sold out but I did find #1's of CFE 223 at Powder Valley so I grabbed 4.  They had more instock but its been 2 days and they didnt ship out yet.  So atleast I got something.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 6:44:25 PM EDT
[#5]
BL-C(2) and a magnum primer and you're having a good day.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 4:46:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Have you tried any AR-comp? I have tried both BLC-2 and CFE223 and I get better accuracy with AR-comp with all the bullets I have tried.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 1:12:17 PM EDT
[#7]
CFE223 has worked well for me.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 7:14:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sincerd:
Power pro varmit>xbr8208>everything else
View Quote

Same basic feeler loads of PPV with VMAXs showed amazing accuracy potential for me. The axis was trying to put them in the same hole at 100yds.

IIRC I tried it with 55gr FMJ and it didn't do anything special, but with FMJ, my expectations are pretty low.

Seems like a nice powder.

Never tried blc2, but cfe223 makes some pretty accurate loads for me as well in .223 and .308. It even did measurably better with FMJs than h335, h322, tac, and arcomp. I just couldn't get behind the temp sensitivity. If you want to use cfe, keep the loads toned down until summer when you can test in the heat.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 2:49:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Well Powder Valley printed a shipping label last week but its still not showing shipped.  

I got some hornady 55gr fmj's to test out.  Also have some ss109 pulls.  Got 1 can of cfe left was getting decent plinking at 24.5gr but going to do another ladder test and set up another round for the 55's.  Hope that order comes through.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top