Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2016 5:39:19 AM EDT
I'm something of a Bell & Carlson fan and I just ran across one I haven't seen before. It's the Competition Stock w/ adjustable cheek piece, according to the B & C website. Is this new? I like where they're going with the addition of the adjustable cheek piece. Obviously similar to the Manners and McMillan offerings but without the hefty price tag. Yes, I can hear the elitist now saying that it's a knockoff, it's a wannabe, etc. but I don't need to spend a grand plus to take my rifle to the range. I have nothing against these fine additions and, in fact, I've been thinking about moving to a manners T4. But for the time being I'm exploring other options so  I might just pick one of these up. First I'd like to see if anybody has pics of them? To those who have gone before me, how do they feel and what's your opinion?
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 1:21:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SamW] [#1]
I think it's brand new, nothing out there.Looks like it just came out early May according to B&C FB Page

My intention is to put it on my .223 trainer and run a T2A on my big-boy rifle. The big question is if the cheek piece is adjustable for offset or just elevation? If it just goes up and down.... meh. By the time you put $200 in aftermarket hardware under it, you may as well buy a used manners.

ETA: Confirmed w/ B&C, elevation only. They use their own hardware too, so no idea how easily it can be swapped out.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 11:44:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SamW:
I think it's brand new, nothing out there.Looks like it just came out early May according to B&C FB Page

My intention is to put it on my .223 trainer and run a T2A on my big-boy rifle. The big question is if the cheek piece is adjustable for offset or just elevation? If it just goes up and down.... meh. By the time you put $200 in aftermarket hardware under it, you may as well buy a used manners.

ETA: Confirmed w/ B&C, elevation only. They use their own hardware too, so no idea how easily it can be swapped out.
View Quote

When you say "hardware," what exactly is it you're referring to?
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 9:19:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Something like the KMW loggerhead that Manners uses. The base/posts/adjustment mechanism for the cheek piece. It's not terribly expensive itself, but if you need the stock to be inlet for it, you may as well pass. That is if the molding/stock can even support it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 6:30:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Screw it, I'm eating my words now. I went ahead and ordered one and had it sent straight to CDI precision for DBM/inletting. Will let you know how I like it. Now I just need to find a T6A for its big brother.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 1:36:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SamW:
Screw it, I'm eating my words now. I went ahead and ordered one and had it sent straight to CDI precision for DBM/inletting. Will let you know how I like it. Now I just need to find a T6A for its big brother.
View Quote

I'm looking forward to hearing your opinion of it. I'd love to see some pics too if possible.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 11:02:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Finally got it back from CDI. Seems to be the usual B&C deal. Some rough edges/chips that needed scraped off w/ your fingernail (swivel counter-bores, etc.) but otherwise well built. The hardware in the cheek seems solid although no movement other than up/down. Stock feels solid. I'm still going manners for its big brother, but at $650'ish for an adj. comb/DBM aluminum chassis stock, I'm tickled.

I went brown w/ black web for my geography and will try to snag some photos here shortly.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 11:17:56 PM EDT
[#7]
How are you liking this stock? Any pics of the rifle?
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 9:13:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Would be nice if the lop were adjustable
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 8:35:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Pics man....pics...

Bout time, I'm not spending $1k on a damn stock, just out of principle...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top