Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2021 9:27:34 AM EDT
I found this scope for a build I'm putting together and it fits the bill in every area I need...including price.  I have never heard of this outfit before.  I'm uneasy about buying optics unseen without independent reviews.  I found only one and it could have been done by the manufacturer for all I know.  My biggest concern is that it will end up with a shitty FOV like so many Chinese junk scopes. Thanks in advance for any info.

https://www.swfa.com/athlon-8-34x56-argos-btr-gen-2-30mm-riflescope-1.html?___SID=U
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 9:32:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I have three of them very happy with them.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 10:02:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, Good to Go
I have one on my .224 and it gets me consistently to 1100 yards to ring 24 inch gongs.
Of course, not to loudly as small boowit.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 10:46:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the first generation 6-24x50 Argos BTR.  It does the job but I probably wouldn't buy another one.  My biggest issues are mushy, indistinct turret clicks and the graduations don't line up on the turrets.  Athlon may have fixed that stuff on the Gen II.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 11:43:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zeebz] [#4]
I've had the Ares BTR.  Nice quality scope for being Chinese made.  I typically only buy higher end Philippine or Japanese made optics, or some European stuff like Meopta and Steiner.  But I was pleasantly surprised by the Ares.  I'd say in terms of quality it lies somewhere between the Gen 1 Viper PS-T and the Gen 2, but closer to the Gen 2 in quality.

Mine had mushy turrets on it but the glass was solid and the built quality was good.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 7:13:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Him] [#5]
They make low to sort of midrange binoculars that are just about what you would expect in their price range.

They don't light any fires, but if you don't want to spend more money, they will do the job.

They aren't truly awful, but there are better.

I don't know anything about their rifle scopes.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:57:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies...I'm getting one.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 9:33:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cb4017:
I have the first generation 6-24x50 Argos BTR.  It does the job but I probably wouldn't buy another one.  My biggest issues are mushy, indistinct turret clicks and the graduations don't line up on the turrets.  Athlon may have fixed that stuff on the Gen II.
View Quote

They did.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:42:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M15A2CLE] [#8]
They are good to go. I’ve never tried anything below the Ares BTR Gen 2. It is gtg, but made in China.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 10:07:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 10:12:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I like mine a lot. Glass is good, FOV is good. A tad on the heavy side but it's tolerable.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 10:19:15 PM EDT
[#11]
If you like giving china your money, go for it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 3:11:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By LAWRENCETHOMPSON:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 3:20:42 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Laufen:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

/yawn

When YOU are paying MY bills I'll take your thoughts into account. Show me comparable American made products for the same, or even 25% more, and I'll consider them. Not sure where I'm going to find a 4-14x FFP scope that is made in America for $200. And the ratings and reviews of these are superb for the money. I have only so much money and many needs to meet. I'll allocate the resources I earned in a way that best fills as many of those needs as possible.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 5:23:13 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

This sort of comment has no place in a tech forum.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:55:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
Great deal on 4-14x FFP
View Quote
The Amazon link is sold out at the $197 price...  but they seem to still be available @ $197 - @ Midway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top