Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2020 4:49:30 PM EDT
Just picked up a 10rd 223 case gauge from Armanov and am really impressed with it.

They make these stackable sleeves that are 10rds each. I only have one 10rd sleeve so far, but you can couple 5 of them and transfer directly to mtm boxes if that's yours thing.

Don't recall ever seeing people mention them on here and thought I would tempt a few of you.

https://usa-shop.armanov.com/product/case-gauge-223-rem-10-rnd-stackable/

Load it first with the part sitting against the table. The bullet will sit on the table by design and push the case out of the gauge. This is so you can visually inspect to see if you have some OAL seating issues.
Attachment Attached File

Now pick up the gauge and the round will fall into the gauge. Now it operates just like a case gauge, but you can test 10-infinity rounds all at once.

Attachment Attached File

Here's a video demonstration

Armanov Case gauge .223 REM Stackable

I have no affiliation with the company, they're based out of Slovenia. I'm really impressed with the device though!

They also make a 100rd version for 9mm that I picked up. Equally as impressed with it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 4:51:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I should mention they're made out of anodized aluminum, so I will/would treat them with care. Definitely not as reliable as my slot gauges will be, but they're great for bulk loading and still checking every round.
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 2:10:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LeadBreakfast] [#2]
Never seen these before but they look like a good solution to gauging each round independently.
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 3:19:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LeadBreakfast:
Never seen these before but they look like a good solution to gauging each round independently.
View Quote

They are. I just used the 9mm one for the first time last week. Awesome tool to have.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 10:36:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By drfroglegs:
I should mention they're made out of anodized aluminum, .
View Quote
Immediate red flag for me.  I will keep using my Sheridan cartridge gauge, thank you.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 11:50:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: drfroglegs] [#5]
Originally Posted By wildearp:

Immediate red flag for me.  I will keep using my Sheridan cartridge gauge, thank you.
View Quote

@wildearp

I wouldn't be concerned with that. It's not like these will be experiencing high wear. Hell, you're upper and lowers are Al and at least your uppers experience way more wear. You just drop a case in there and pull it out. Keep in mind these are higher volume checks. If I have one fail (maybe one every 300 rounds) I'll check it on the sherdin gauge to double check. They have always failed the sheridan gauge too so I'm pretty confident in the system.

I will add, I shoot almost exclusively in G17 p80 builds and every single round that has failed the Armanov/Sheridan gauges have fired anyways. So these checks are arguably no that important anyways, but I'll be damn if I'm going to spend a week loading 3k rounds into a sharadin gauge one at a time when I can knock them out 100 at a time, check the bullet length, and verify all the primers in a matter of seconds with this system. Well worth it in my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 12:47:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I only do samples.  I am confident enough in my Forster dies and press set up and don't feel the need to check every case.  

Anyone that is starting out should have a case gauge and a chamber gauge.  After things are set up and proven, they become less necessary.  

I mainly check sized cases with the Wilson case gauge to get a feel for needing to run everything through the trimmer, and then to be sure the trimmer is set properly.

The .300AAC Sheridan solved a problem for me when I first started.  It isn't quite as necessary now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top