Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2023 5:14:06 PM EDT
I'm starting to build a LR-308 and want to avoid the AR-15 receiver extension system with its smaller/lighter buffer, and wanted to buy POF's 7-position 308 A5 receiver.
Looks like they stopped selling it and now have a 6 position "Evolution buffer tube" for their 5.56 sized 308 rifle. It's a proprietary buffer tube,
so I have no idea if it will fit a typical 3.25" buffer and a rifle length spring. Called their tech support, and he said it's an "A2 format" which kind of confused me?
The only thing I could find on their website is this, which isn't that helpful other than showing the buffer tube being .500" inches longer than a typical AR-15 carbine buffer tube.

https://imgur.com/a/Zw7o3Zh
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 1:48:53 PM EDT
[#1]
When I was building a few large frame AR's, I was debating on using that extension.  Never heard anything bad about it but I ended up going with a regular tube.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top