Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2021 3:20:59 AM EDT

Looks interesting and the price point is impressive.

Threaded, tensioned carbon fiber barrel, Bentz chamber, 17" long
Uses Remington 700 trigger group
Uses Ruger 10/22 magazines
Weighs just over 5 lbs

Sells for about $750-800.

The only drawback I see is that the rail is 0 MOA.

How do y'all think it compares to the CZ457 precision trainer?

Link Posted: 1/29/2021 9:20:38 AM EDT
[#1]
There's a multi-page thread on Rimfire Central on this rifle.  The info you seek is there, the good & not so good.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 11:26:20 AM EDT
[#2]
99% sure I checked one of these out last Saturday at a LGS. It was a Christensen rimfire rifle with a carbon fiber barrel and looked just like that.

Insanely light, was really nice to shoulder. Both my friend and I felt the bolt and action felt really cheap, but maybe we're just too used to our 452s.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 8:33:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AT-ST83] [#3]
From the reviews I've read and the gun I handled and shot, I was left unimpressed.

The CZ Precision Trainer is undoubtedly a better rifle.

Lightweight is great...if you are hiking 5 miles with it.  If your intention is to sit a bench and target shoot, it is not the ideal.  While 22 LR does not have what I would consider recoil, a heavier gun is very advantageous while bench target shooting.  A rifle that does not move while you fire a round and cycle the bolt allows you to stay on target and maintain your sign picture.  Lightweight rifles tend to be "jumpy".

Here is the Rimfire Central thread...
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1195603
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top