Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2020 11:10:12 AM EDT
I've only ever used AR stocks or standard hunting style stocks on my rifles.  I've never had one that would allow me to position the butt-pad in three or more axis.  Is there a how to or guide on how best to make this fit? I know how to position the cheek riser no problem. However, I've only ever gotten behind a rifle a shot it.  Being able to adjust the height and tilt of the butt-pad is new.

The chassis I'm looking at allows not only that but also allows the length of pull to be adjusted at the butt stock as well as the grip.  I know to adjust the grip to allow a 90 degree bend at the second knuckle. Is there any general guide on how long to make the stock adjustment or is it simply to allow the shooters head to be on the cheek riser comfortably?
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 12:43:43 PM EDT
[#1]
This might help...

Masterpiece Arms BA Chassis Setup
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 1:28:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Paulie771] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AKSnowRider:
This might help...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya6DpZJcvyg
View Quote
That's exactly the sort of thing I was looking for. Thank you!

Are there any other tips not covered in that video anyone else might have?  For example, I would imagine you would want to set your grip to trigger position before you set your LoP with the buttstock adjustment.  Is that accurate?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top