Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2019 7:46:27 PM EDT
Now that I'm retired and a bit too slow for 3 gunning, Ive gotten into 22 Benchrest  matches

I’m so impressed with the Strelok Pro app.  When coupled with a WeatherFlow wind meter and mounted on a wind vane, Strelok Pro actually moves the point of impact to the target in real time on the Reticle Screen.

After trying to find a wind vane mounts for the WeatherFlow meter, all I could find were some DIY hacks. Some were using Davis Vane which I really like but lacked a precision bearing mount

I machined my mount that uses two premium ball bearings using a Davis Vane that is smooth as silk and reacts to the slightest breeze.

Here are a few pictures.

I also make custom wind flags and stuck a few of my 25xWindflags (google it) vinyl logos on it to snazz it up. LOL

There is a second precision ball bearing in the cylinder so there is no wobble that a single bearing design would not prevent in stronger winds

You can see the yellow point of impact move as the wind speed and direction shifts so you can make aiming corrections

And here is my new to me custom Anschutz 22 Bench rest rife
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 8:02:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/17/2019 3:24:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Very inventive.  Enjoy your new passion.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 9:03:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Glock9, I'll be sending you a message.
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 12:37:53 PM EDT
[#4]
That's just all kinds of cool!
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 2:17:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Ones on its way here....If I can work it anyone can.....
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 5:53:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Got one of these..The vane is perfection. very sensitive. Now if I could only figure out how to sync it so when im using my Strelok and have my weather flow meter on top it would actually show direction
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 7:33:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Very cool set up. Maybe I am missing something but how does this mount to a tripod?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 7:42:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VegasSaint:
Very cool set up. Maybe I am missing something but how does this mount to a tripod?

Thanks.
View Quote
The bottom of the bearing is threaded.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 5:11:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks, I figured as much but wanted to confirm.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 8:40:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Well done!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top