Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2018 1:14:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ballisticxlr]
My helper and I have finally finished getting our next generation ballistics spreadsheet ready for launch and it's now there.

Announcing BallisticDLR! https://ballisticxlr.com/2018/04/21/announcing-ballisticdlr-its-here-its-gear-get-used-to-it/

Downloads and support entitlements are available at https://ballisticxlr.com/ballisticxlr-support/

BY

An app the likes of which no long range precision rifleman has ever had at their disposal because we've never made something this badass before. This is a tool so powerful that until now only governments and large multi-national corporations had the wherewithal to fund creating such a thing. We've just released it to the masses. The most dangerous piece of work to be created since Wikileaks was launched, at least for gun guys like us.

Do you like arguing on gun forums about minutae? Do you love researching your next cartridge recipe more than you like your kids? Are you a hard core dork like me and you just love numbers and math? Are you a maven or data nerd and you just can't help yourself but to analyze large data sets in your spare time? Are you an accountant or statistician at heart and don't you just have to calculate a coefficient of variation if you've already calculated a standard deviation? Man, do I have something for you!

This took 2 guys over 2 years to produce and represents literally thousands of hours of labor. We really went the full nine with this. We even set it up so that it's optimized for use on tablet computers that can run geniune Microsoft Excel. Yep, it's made to be used first and printed second. There are tons of new capabilities in this latest version that we're still back-porting into earlier versions like BallisticXLR and BallisticPRS. It's so much newer and more capable it's silly. It's also designed for analytics and is meant to be used on a computer primarily. You can still print pages out of it but that's a secondary capability in this version.

Let's talk features though. I've set up some features that no other package includes and some that no other package does well. Here's a quick preview of a few highlights:

Long Range Cartridge Comparison: Remember TiborasaurusRex's video about long range cartridge selection that he NEVER updated and flat ignored a lot of viable options on and which was extremely unhelpful in the first place leaving viewers with more questions than answers? Well, I don't have to ignore you and I don't have to make it more confusing than necessary so I didn't. I can also add specific requests any time and make the update version available to you the user. We've got the popular long range stuff in there already but we're adding things like .270win and 6.8SPC because some people WANT to use those and we WANT to help them instead of just saying "don't" like some dinosaurs we know.

Muzzle Velocity Variation Analysis: Multi-Session, multi-temperature. Analyze how your ammunition performs against air temperatures or against other loads. Find that ultra stable load the easy way. Look at MV against temperature and compare how different loads respond to temperature variation and how they vary in general.

Automated Calc-Forms (there are now 3 of these with varying levels of automation). We have a tablet specific calc form, a dynamic calc form and a more traditional calc form. It's meant to be used like an app instead of like paper. You asked and we listened.

Did I mention we now can calculate for humidity changes? Yeah, that's still a beta feature but it's looking REALLY promising and will soon be ported to BallisticXLR and BallisticPRS. How much difference it makes makes no difference. It's the fact that you asked for it to be able to do the calculation.

Oh yeah, ammunition muzzle velocity variation, I built over 100 curves and most are included. We have curves for all kinds of case capacities using single base, double base, triple base or temperature stabilized powders. 1 curve doesn't fit all and Rex's .50BMG curve is garbage for anything but NATO ball .50BMG. My assistants and I spent an uncomfortably long time coming up with customized curves that fit the real world observations I made while testing against case capacity, powder type and temperature. Real world research turned into selectable data points.

Oh yeah, this latest version supports 5 rifle/load combinations because most of us support at least that many in our various arsenals. Since we have the need it seemed like it was important to allow quick and easy comparisons between your available options.

Instructional videos coming soon at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSvqgqVNtzcLFuQkGxh-Egg
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 1:44:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 2:51:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Sales without being Industry Partner
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top