Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2019 2:45:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: doom1430]
I'm looking for an alternative to the HOG/PIG saddle.  I've seen several alternatives online and wondered what everyone is using.  I'm not a serious shooter, just a plinker and sometime varmint hunter looking to maximize accuracy when I can't use a bipod.

ETA:  This is for an AR-15 with free floated barrel and 1-6 variable power optic.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 3:14:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a triclawps I bought years ago on a manfrotto 055xprob tripod.  
Works great, especially on bolt rifles without rails.  Now that PA allows semis for predator hunting I'm planning to switch to a mlok plate that mates with a qd ballhead.  Lighter, quicker, less bulky and cheaper
This...
Attachment Attached File

To this...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 3:40:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you Sir,  that looks awesome
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 7:39:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I run  Swiss-Arca on mine, but my chassis is built with a Swiss-Arca rail, but it would be simple to screw a rail to any rifle,  including the new m-loc Swiss-arca rails..plus Swiss-arca stuff is cheap compared to most and easy to find...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Or how about 2 tripods...
Attachment Attached File

Swiss-Arca clamps...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 10:12:09 PM EDT
[#4]
That's a nice rig, thanks.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 10:20:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I've used the Precision Rifle Solutions SSP-1 in the past. I've decided to move to arca swiss compatible mounts like AKSnowRider. I ordered my MDT mlok to arca swiss rails from optics planet. Hopefully they'll be in this week.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 10:19:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Rolls your own for much much cheaper.

Hunt for plans/parts list.

Lowes has a metal U channel bracket that works perfectly in the lumber/contractor/concrete section.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 4:56:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I like the RRS saddle. So far the best I have used.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 5:02:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's a pic now that my mounts are in.  MDT Swiss Arca to Mlok mounts.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 11:48:51 AM EDT
[#9]
I just make my own. Buy a section of pvc, cut it to size and then in half, screw to tripod quick release, glue in a piece of puss pad and you’re good to go.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top