Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2022 9:51:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: airman48]
I've been shooting 308 with my Aero Precision M5 lower with a Rainier ultramatch  308 18" barreled upper with no problems however recently I've decided to purchase a 6.5 Creedmoor complete upper with a 22" 6.5 CM barrel and I've been wondering whether or not its a good Idea to use 2 uppers of different calibers with one lower or would it be advisable to have 2 separate rifles, each upper with its own lower receiver assembly.

Your prompt replies will be appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 11:18:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:09:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Works great
I originally did this with a aero precision receiver set, and Wilson combat 14.7 inch recon barrel(.308) and a ballistic advantage 22 inch fluted (6.5) worked well, however that  set up required that I also swap buffers.   so I changed the 308 barrel to a Ballistic Advantage  government 16”
No need to change out buffers with second set up.

In my opinion, you are going to want to have a dedicatedBCG for each upper.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:12:49 AM EDT
[#3]
There will be no issue with swapping, but if you are anything like me, you'll end up wanting a second lower.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 12:23:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Aggie_Gunner:
There will be no issue with swapping, but if you are anything like me, you'll end up wanting a second lower.
View Quote

I'm in the same boat with this guy, OP. I have 2 .308 M5 setups, one with a collapsible Magpul stock and and ALG ACT trigger with a 16" upper, and another that has a fixed Magpul stock and LanTac ECT1 flat-faced trigger with a 20" barrel. They both fill different roles when I feel like shooting .308 instead of 5.56
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 1:31:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all the replies. I know it seems elementary but I'm getting into precision shooting and I don't want any one factor to cause an issue with accuracy. I noticed that after fitting the 6.5 CM upper and tightening the tension screw on the Lower receiver  then going back to the 308 there is a slight amount of play between the upper and Lower receiver but I don't think that it will effect accuracy. Any thoughts on that?
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 8:56:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I agree. I'm gonna get a second lower in a little bit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top