Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2019 4:41:33 PM EDT
I foresee changing the barrel on my Gen 2 RPR in the not too distant future.  I see that an action rod or barrel vise can be had for approximately the same cost.

It seems the action rod would be handy if you have a particularly tight barrel nut but is there any real advantage or disadvantage to one over the other, other than that?

I'm leaning toward the action rod.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 8:38:49 AM EDT
[#1]
If you get a barrel vise, check out the Mechforce.  They’re available on Amazon.  Excellent barrel vise for a good price.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 5:10:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I ended up with the Anarchy action rod.  Worked great.  I put a thread in the Precision Rifle Bolt Action forum describing my barrel swap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top