Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2021 2:14:38 PM EDT
I'm wanting a better mount for my Acog than the factory thumb screw mount from Trijicon.  I've read i dont know how many different reviews one how many different systems in the last week or three. The amount of options for something that does essentially the same thing is kinda mind numbing, but I know that quality counts in precision and cost more monies typically.  

What should I be going after? La Rue, Giessele, Bobro, Midwest, etc?

This'll be going under a Ta55a on a Scar.

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:33:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I think Bobro is the best.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 4:30:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Larue is the only correct answer. I have four acog mounts and five scope mounts.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 4:34:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 4:59:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:58:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Mattgunguy:
I'm wanting a better mount for my Acog than the factory thumb screw mount from Trijicon.  I've read i dont know how many different reviews one how many different systems in the last week or three. The amount of options for something that does essentially the same thing is kinda mind numbing, but I know that quality counts in precision and cost more monies typically.  

What should I be going after? La Rue, Giessele, Bobro, Midwest, etc?

This'll be going under a Ta55a on a Scar.

Thanks for any help.
View Quote

Absolutely nothing wrong with the factory mount.
But like WES @ MSTN said, "Spend a quarter, get it tight."

For a QD mount, I've been pleased with the LaRue ACOG mounts as they seem to function well and retain zero even if not as tight as I like them.

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:12:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mindfull] [#6]
GDI-R acog mount is what you seek
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 12:04:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By edwin907:

Absolutely nothing wrong with the factory mount.
But like WES @ MSTN said, "Spend a quarter, get it tight."

For a QD mount, I've been pleased with the LaRue ACOG mounts as they seem to function well and retain zero even if not as tight as I like them.

https://i.imgur.com/YpiuROt.jpg
View Quote

The Ta55a looks like a beast on your rifle, but not so much so on my 20s.  

No there ain't nothing wrong with the factory mount. Its what I used in the army, just wanting something different.  

Anyone have experience with the A.R.M.S. #19 mount?

Link Posted: 4/14/2021 8:17:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Anyone have experience with the A.R.M.S. #19 mount?
View Quote

I have and have used both the original ARMS #19 single and dual throw lever ACOG mounts.

No problems with either, but inferior to the LaRue in every way.

Link Posted: 4/14/2021 8:28:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Boboro is the way. GDI is solid too. Larue is trash and eats your rail. I used to love Larue for all kinds of mounts but after years and years of use I am now wholly unimpressed.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 12:07:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Starting to sound like a  Bobro or GDI is in my not so distant future.  Thanks for the info fellers.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 2:23:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: edwin907] [#11]
Starting to sound like a  Bobro or GDI is in my not so distant future.  Thanks for the info fellers.
View Quote

Never heard of GDI but Bobro has an extensive thread about how the recoil lugs don't hold up and the spring is weak under this forum.
No trashed rail here from properly adjusted LaRue use but they may leave a mark on the rail underside.
And I do adjust them so tight you almost need a paracord loop for quick removal but that's only necessary for the single lever 2 piece rings in my limited experience.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 3:22:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mindfull] [#12]
Originally Posted By edwin907:

Never heard of GDI but Bobro has an extensive thread about how the recoil lugs don't hold up and the spring is weak under this forum.
No trashed rail here from properly adjusted LaRue use but they may leave a mark on the rail underside.
And I do adjust them so tight you almost need a paracord loop for quick removal but that's only necessary for the single lever 2 piece rings in my limited experience.
View Quote

You should read about the r-com mount. One of the best mounts you can get. It was also adopted by the USMC for their mounts.
"Authorized for use by the United States Marine Corps, the GDI R-COM E-Model (Combat Optic Mount) NSN 1240-01-567-4490, is an approved replacement solution for the current USMC issue Trijicon thumb knob RCO/ACOG optic mount. The R-COM E-Model has passed rigorous third party laboratory & field testing, as per Marine Corps requirements called out for the Trijicon ACOG."

Its unfortunately no longer made unless you order from GDI itself, so you can only get it on the 2nd hand market, but they pop up from time to time.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/GDI-ACOG-Mount-R-com-E-model/163-2118617/
https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/GDi-R-Com-ACOG-Combat-Optic-Mount-NSN-Marked-/23-2121724/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top