Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2023 11:54:59 PM EDT
Just as the title states. I am looking at building a precision AR10 and I have narrowed my search down to two receiver sets: Grey Ghost and SLR.

Does anyone have experience with either? Which do you prefer?
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 4:57:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I Don't have receivers from SLR, but have multiple other items. They have all been outstanding. I had 2 AR10's in 6.5 Creedmoor using SLR handguard and sentry gas blocks.

Recently rebuilding one of the gas blocks one of the tiny Allen screws stripped. I contacted SLR about where to buy and i'd be happy to pay. SLR's response, send us your address and we'll get rebuild kits out to you. They sent me kits at no charge.

They rails are nicely made. They've worked perfectly and I would not hesitate to use them again. I plan to on the 6ARC I have going. It will also use their gas block.

SLR is good stuff and good people. If you decide to go that route, it would not be a bad decision.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 6:42:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mattjargon] [#2]
I'd look at andro corp as well, they used to use SLR then started making their own.

Link Posted: 2/13/2023 7:35:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I've owned SLR receivers and they are very well made with excellent machining and finish.  Very high quality stuff.  They're good to go.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 7:00:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I built an SLR B30 in .308.  I used their receiver set, handguard, and adjustable gas block.  I'm quite happy with it.  I want to build a copy in 5.56.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 10:03:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I might also suggest CMT.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 8:16:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I currently have large frame receiver sets (in various states of build) from Grey Ghost, 2A Armament, ZEV, and SLR. I also have/had complete larger frame AR’s from Seekins, LMT, KAC, and JP. My personal favorite of the bunch (to build off of) is the ZEV followed by the SLR. It mostly comes down to style as they have all been perfectly machined.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 1:15:16 PM EDT
[#7]
My slr b30 builders set will be here next week and I expect it to be amazing like most slr stuff is. I looked at zev, grey ghost, Rainer arms, mega. It came down to zev and slr. I really wanted a slr rail and figured their receivers would match their rails so seemed like no brainer.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top