0.845" MEDIUM HEIGHT SCOPE RINGS
20MOA AR RISER PICATINNY RAIL

Magpul
PMAG LR/SR Gen M3 Magazine

Savvy Sniper Slings
2" Precision Rifle Sling, black
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 8:45:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks a little familar,  just different components on my lists and shelves.

Keep us posted, I think it'll be a nice caliber.  Can't wait to finish mine.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 9:02:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Should take off. Heck, DPMS sold a 243 AR, can't see why this won't. Been looking to see if anyone sells a upper but haven't found one yet.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:39:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like a quality build.

I was not happy with 6mm Creedmoor and am going back to 6.5. Your mileage may vary.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 1:14:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lennyo3034:

I was not happy with 6mm Creedmoor and am going back to 6.5. Your mileage may vary.
View Quote
Could you elaborate on the issue with the 6CM?...just curious.  Are we talking semiauto or bolt?  One of my Armalite AR10's was a .243 until I changed barrels.  It shot very well but just wasn't that entertaining.  Honestly I see 6CM and .243 as basically clones as far as performance goes.  Even for reloading the superior VLD style bullets, the .243 case doesn't appear to suffer as much as the .260 compared to the 6.5CM.  Now, when you're talking about bolt rifles for long range precision, the 6mm/.243 becomes more of a player IMO.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 8:40:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ARTNC10:

Could you elaborate on the issue with the 6CM?...just curious.  Are we talking semiauto or bolt?  One of my Armalite AR10's was a .243 until I changed barrels.  It shot very well but just wasn't that entertaining.  Honestly I see 6CM and .243 as basically clones as far as performance goes.  Even for reloading the superior VLD style bullets, the .243 case doesn't appear to suffer as much as the .260 compared to the 6.5CM.  Now, when you're talking about bolt rifles for long range precision, the 6mm/.243 becomes more of a player IMO.
View Quote
I couldn't get the velocities I was hoping for. Pressure signs came early that effected function in a semi-auto. Also, due to the geometry of the super high BC bullets, they would jam into the back of the barrel as opposed to being tipped up on the extension.

If I were to get another 6mm rifle, it would be a bolt gun or small frame in a 6 fat rat.

Again, your mileage may vary and you may have different requirements than I. I was hoping for 3000-3050fps with the higher BC bullets and couldn't come close.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 9:31:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for posting your experiences on it. Was contemplating 6MM while researching for my next AR. Glad I rules 6MM out. Currently considering a savage MSR hunter in 6.5 creedmoor for my next AR.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 6:20:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AP2020] [#7]

I was not happy with 6mm Creedmoor and am going back to 6.5. Your mileage may vary.Wa
View Quote
What was the length of your gas system. After I had done some research, I discovered that the .308 derivatives in an AR10 platform, 260, 6.5 Creedmoor, 6 Creedmoor all operate at higher chamber pressures. I talked with Odin Works at SHOT Show, and their reasoning for the +2" XL rifle gas system.

I also use adjustable gas blocks on all of my AR's, so I spec'd out one on this build.

I am primarily a groundhog, feral hog, and coyote hunter. I may shoot steel on occasion, however, I have seen where guys are getting maybe 1,000 to 1,200 rounds with the 6 Creedmoor before throat erosion issues. Of course these guys are shooting PRS where they have relatively high rates of fire.

I am in the process of producing a series of "put together" videos. I'm just waiting on a couple of components to show up.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 10:19:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lennyo3034] [#8]
Mine was a 22" rifle+2 gas. Adjustable gas as well. All JP internals on Mega receivers. JP Heavy SCS with LMOS BCG as recommended by JP.

Again, you may be able to get a higher velocity than I was. I could hit 2900 pretty safely. To get to 2950, I had to use Lapua SRP brass necked down to 6mm. That might be fast enough for you, or you might get a faster barrel.

I was happy with the accuracy I was getting, but wanted a bit better velocity since I will be competing with bolt guns with this.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 10:46:36 AM EDT
[#9]
The adjustable gas block and buffer helped on my 6.5 Creedmoor,  so my 6mm Creedmoor will have the same. Any signs of pressure or feeding issues have disappeared and the rifle feeds everything. Even the S&B 140grn that had issues fed with no issues on the last outing.

The gas system on the 6mm Creedmoor Ultramatch barrel I'm going with from Rainer is a +2, so that should help. I used a Rainer Ultramatch on my 6.5 Creedmoor and have been very satisfied with it.  Now that tuning is done I can focus on load development. Factory ammo performance has been really good.  I'm hoping that the 6mm follows suit.

While a little aggravating,  having to do some work to tune everything has actually been kind of enjoyable. Certainly makes a person (in this case me) get to know their rifle pretty well.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 7:40:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Sounds good.

Anyone run one with a can?
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 7:45:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Mine was a 22" rifle+2 gas. Adjustable gas as well. All JP internals on Mega receivers. JP Heavy SCS with LMOS BCG as recommended by JP.

Again, you may be able to get a higher velocity than I was. I could hit 2900 pretty safely. To get to 2950, I had to use Lapua SRP brass necked down to 6mm. That might be fast enough for you, or you might get a faster barrel.

I was happy with the accuracy I was getting, but wanted a bit better velocity since I will be competing with bolt guns with this.
View Quote
I did neck down my Lapua 6.5 SRP brass to 6mm.

Going to try the 6mm Creedmoor  Petersen brass when it is available, too.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 7:46:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By wile_coyote:
The adjustable gas block and buffer helped on my 6.5 Creedmoor,  so my 6mm Creedmoor will have the same. Any signs of pressure or feeding issues have disappeared and the rifle feeds everything. Even the S&B 140grn that had issues fed with no issues on the last outing.

The gas system on the 6mm Creedmoor Ultramatch barrel I'm going with from Rainer is a +2, so that should help. I used a Rainer Ultramatch on my 6.5 Creedmoor and have been very satisfied with it.  Now that tuning is done I can focus on load development. Factory ammo performance has been really good.  I'm hoping that the 6mm follows suit.

While a little aggravating,  having to do some work to tune everything has actually been kind of enjoyable. Certainly makes a person (in this case me) get to know their rifle pretty well.
View Quote
Copy that.
Yeah, sometimes the journey is as good as the destination.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 10:15:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Please keep us posted. I'm waiting on a bonus for last year,  so I'm down to needing a barrel,  rail and trigger.  Should be able to get those in 2-3 weeks.

Just got another optic which frees up the optic that'll go on the 6mm, it currently sits on my 6.5 which is getting the new scope.

Definitely interested in hearing (reading) your progress and experiences.  Maybe do some comparing of notes.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 10:33:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Please keep us posted. I'm waiting on a bonus for last year,  so I'm down to needing a barrel,  rail and trigger.  Should be able to get those in 2-3 weeks.

Just got another optic which frees up the optic that'll go on the 6mm, it currently sits on my 6.5 which is getting the new scope.

Definitely interested in hearing (reading) your progress and experiences.  Maybe do some comparing of notes.
View Quote
Will do.

I'll post my video series in this thread.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 9:52:48 PM EDT
[#15]
You may need taller rings possibly depending on how your rings are measured by the factory but thats a solid list i like the 6cm its my new varmint slayer round to replace the 243.

I run 1.42" ARC M10 rings for my vortex razor gen1 5-20
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 1:03:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Part 1

6mm Creedmoor Put Together, Part 1 Odin Works
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 6:25:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Part 2, Velocity Triggers

AR10 6MM Creedmoor Put Together, Part 2 Velocity Trig
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 10:23:34 PM EDT
[#18]
You should probably include an HP bolt for this build, unless I missed it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 10:10:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AP2020] [#19]
Originally Posted By FALex:
You should probably include an HP bolt for this build, unless I missed it.
View Quote
I just ordered one from JP Enterprises today.
Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 10:11:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Stag Arms was the last piece of the puzzle .

AR10 6MM Creedmoor Put Together is Complete
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 6:09:34 PM EDT
[#21]
JP Enterprises High Pressure Bolt and Firing Pin

AR10 6MM Creedmoor Put Together JP Enterprises High Pressure Bolt and Firing Pin Pressure Curves
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 9:42:31 PM EDT
[#22]
How do you like the Velocity trigger? The Odin barrel? I had thought about going with an Odin.

My 6mm is now complete and a great shooter.  Overall I'm pretty happy with it. I yanked the MBT that I was using in it because the Elftmann match came in. The dry fires with it feel really good. Looking forward to the next range trip to try the new trigger out.

I haven't got a suppressor yet, I'll be waiting for months for the approval. I did get to finally handle the one I bought when the dealer received it. Can't wait to be able to pick it up and use it.

Only items left to change are the grip and I need to buy a bipod for it. Grip I think I'll just go with another MIAD. I've been using one of my Atlas' on it,  but have been thinking maybe I'll try something else out. I've had Harris and Atlas, so maybe something new. I'll probably end up with another Atlas, but looking around is interesting.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 2:53:38 PM EDT
[#23]
1st 100 yard tests

Link Posted: 3/28/2018 2:54:54 PM EDT
[#24]
How do you like the Velocity trigger? The Odin barrel? I had thought about going with an Odin.

My 6mm is now complete and a great shooter.  Overall I'm pretty happy with it. I yanked the MBT that I was using in it because the Elftmann match came in. The dry fires with it feel really good. Looking forward to the next range trip to try the new trigger out.

I haven't got a suppressor yet, I'll be waiting for months for the approval. I did get to finally handle the one I bought when the dealer received it. Can't wait to be able to pick it up and use it.

Only items left to change are the grip and I need to buy a bipod for it. Grip I think I'll just go with another MIAD. I've been using one of my Atlas' on it,  but have been thinking maybe I'll try something else out. I've had Harris and Atlas, so maybe something new. I'll probably end up with another Atlas, but looking around is interesting.
View Quote
Velocity trigger is awesome. Solid #3 pull right on the wall, no creep, breaks with little overtravel.

I am glad that I got the JP Enterprises HP bolt as others had suggested.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 1:22:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Neat! I didn't realize Odin was making barrels in 6mm now. Cool vids too.
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 6:59:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Grey_Man:
Neat! I didn't realize Odin was making barrels in 6mm now. Cool vids too.
View Quote
Indeed. Use my coupon code AP2020 and get 10% off...
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 7:00:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AP2020] [#27]
I would rather be LUCKY than good any day...or shall I say my POV [point of view] camera!!! LOL . BTW, my suppressor loosened near the end, thus the wild shots.

AR10 6mm Creedmoor Evolution Gun Works Mystic MPOD Bipod 1st Look 403 yards
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 10:38:34 PM EDT
[#28]
My POV camera survived today...lol

AR10 6mm Creedmoor Odin Works 22" XL+2" Barrel Evolution Gun Works Mystic Bipod 417 Yard Shots
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top