Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2022 12:33:47 PM EDT
I have a TA648 with the 50bmg reticle and an M107A1.  I bought it thinking 6X would be all I would ever need for playing around my property.  The problem I ran into is that theM107 has a 27MOA rail built in and the ACOG runs out of adjustment before you can zero at 100, which renders the reticle useless.  I was thinking if you could find a mount with 20moa built it, I could put it on backwards and it would cancel out part of the rail.  Would this work? Is there someone that makes such a thing? My google searches have come up empty.

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 7:18:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 3:00:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Back to the drawing board I guess, I was planning on using the same model on an M107A1.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 11:38:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AMERIKINSHIP:
Back to the drawing board I guess, I was planning on using the same model on an M107A1.
View Quote

Damn! I was going down the same path as you.

@JDatTOA

What did you decide to do?
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 2:14:30 PM EDT
[#4]
How close were you to having enough adjustment?  

My AR50 has the standard 15 MOA installed.  I assume that would be fine.

Link Posted: 6/7/2022 3:08:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ggllggll:

Damn! I was going down the same path as you.

@JDatTOA

What did you decide to do?
View Quote

Nothing yet.  I may try one of those Pic rails mentioned above, although I hate to make it taller.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 3:15:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Someone should make a replacement mount to straighten them out.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 3:24:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
Someone should make a replacement mount to straighten them out.
View Quote

I wish someone would. I'm guessing theres not that many people with M107s who want to put that specific Acog on it for it to be profitable.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 4:06:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Dustyattic:

How close were you to having enough adjustment?  

My AR50 has the standard 15 MOA installed.  I assume that would be fine.

View Quote

Maybe a foot, not really close. If it were a couple inches I would have let it slide. My rail has 27moa built in, that's the issue.

Link Posted: 6/10/2022 6:04:02 PM EDT
[#9]
@JDatTOA

Keep us in the loop about what happens with the TA648.  I'm really interested!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 12:13:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, they sent me a mount.  It has a part number BP-ACC3332-1 on the packaging and says its 20moa. However the mount appears to be the standard mount.  I'm wondering if it got mixed up.

Trying to figure it out now.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 3:10:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Urimaginaryfrnd] [#11]
27 MOA  is going to be 27 inches high at 100 yds.

One option is to go to a 600 yd Zero
Not sure that’s ideal for you.

The amount of internal adjustment a scope has makes a lot of difference when you go long range.  While you consider what you want your 6x on I would pick up a fixed power Super Sniper scope from SWFA.com they come. 6,10,12,16,20
I like the 16. They also make an HD 10 x sometimes. These are not expensive but will get you up and running because they have about 120 MOA of internal adjustment and are rated for 50BMG.
Other scopes that should have enough internal adjustment would be US Optics, Nightforce, Tangent Theta, Leupold’s Tactical scopes, Vortex Razor, IOR Valdada but check on the specific model to find how much adjustment it has. In theory half should be above and half below but it never seems to be that in the real world.

There is some type of scope mount that allows the can’t to be adjusted but anything that raises the scope more is not the path I would take.  Far better to throw the 6x on an AR or bolt gun and enjoy it, or trade towards what you want to go to.  SWFA does take trade optics

I wouldn’t do this but you can look.
https://heritage-arms.com/product-category/gun-parts/cold-shot-llc-adjustable-scope-bases/
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 9:37:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By JDatTOA:
Well, they sent me a mount.  It has a part number BP-ACC3332-1 on the packaging and says its 20moa. However the mount appears to be the standard mount.  I'm wondering if it got mixed up.

Trying to figure it out now.
View Quote

Dang, did you contact them and ask?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top