Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2020 8:55:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kingfish]
I’ve seen plenty of YouTube videos to know pretty much how to bed a rifle but my question is how do you cover the holes in the stock for the receiver screws? I have a particular rifle where the screw screws into the recoil lug. So how do I prevent The epoxy from getting into the female screw hole which is located in the bottom of the lug and into the screw hole which is located in the stock? None of the YouTube videos that I have seen show that explicitly
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 9:39:47 PM EDT
[#1]
No idea, wax?  Vaseline?  Thinking it has a low melting point so it should be water proof but easy to get out.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 3:07:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Stick a drinking straw in the hole. Put release agent in the threads of the receiver and on the threads of the screw.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 10:38:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Use modeling clay to block off the action screw holes in the receiver.  The comment about the drinking straw for the screw holes in the stock is spot on - unless you're in Cali.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 1:16:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Put a layer of playdough over the hole and cover it and the action screw with release agent. That's what I did. Worked good for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top