Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2022 1:09:59 PM EDT
I've had the luck to being gifted a 6mm ppc rifle .......... but have been unlucky trying to locate some brass for it .........it's a tight neck ........so looking for preferrably new brass but any brass would be appreciated ......... trying to not have to fire form 220 russian brass ...........any help and any info about the this caliber  would be appreciated ..........thanks .....Ed
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 1:54:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sigman68] [#1]
Brunos has it

I have not fireformed 6PPC but I have other cartridges.  I use the pistol powder, toilet paper method and it has worked well for me.

On edit:  You could post a want ad on accurate shooter.  There are a bunch of guys shooting PPC on there and might have some once fired for you.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 2:20:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ballisticxlr] [#2]
PPC stuff is formed off of a 220 russian which is formed from 7.62x39. You will probably have an easier time though starting with 5.45x39 brass. You can get (if it's in stock) brass at mid south shooter supply.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 2:51:14 PM EDT
[#3]
That picture on Bruno’s is not PPC brass. 3.20 each!
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 3:11:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ballisticxlr:
PPC stuff is formed off of a 220 russian which is formed from 7.62x39. You will probably have an easier time though starting with 5.45x39 brass. You can get (if it's in stock) brass at mid south shooter supply.
View Quote

5.45x39 will not work, different rim diameter.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 5:58:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By black1970:
View Quote

Formed and turned.  Ready to rock
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 6:12:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By sigman68:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sigman68:
Originally Posted By black1970:

Considering that you can spend an hour forming and neck-turning each piece of brass, it is a reasonable price.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 5:17:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Have the chamber chased out to 6mm ARC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top