Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

6MM
Posted: 8/18/2021 7:05:22 PM EDT
Anyone using 6mm ARC or similar? Am looking into 6mm for a AR. Just starting my research. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 3:16:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in the 6mm ARC game but due to brass and affordable ammo, I've not done any testing beyond initial zero of the rifle and a hog kill.

While there might be better barrels out there, I went with the 18" SS from Ballistic Advantage.

I have TONS of 6mm bullets, plenty of primers, and lots of powder... brass has been on backorder since Oct of last year. I have about 360 factory rounds and the initial accuracy both suppressed an unsuppressed looks good to me.

The 108gr ELD dropped this hog in his tracks at about 75 yards.

I think it's a neat cartridge, I'm looking forward to cooler weather here so I can get some more shots on coyote and hogs. I'll also try it on deer as well. I think the lack of ammo and brass is hurting the growth of the cartridge. I've read where guys are making ARC brass from Grendel brass but the results seem to be mixed.

Link Posted: 8/19/2021 10:24:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hoser:
I have been shoot a 6AR aka 6 Grendel for a couple years.

Incredible caliber.  Easy to load for and tailor loads.

5 shots at 600 yards.  It does it over and over.

View Quote

Nice group, hoser.  [/Bob and Doug McKenzie accent]
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 10:10:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice shooting. Have you tried 1000 yards yet? Just saw Brownels has 6MM ARC uppers from Aero. Still on the fence on 6MM looking at all the different versions.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 11:46:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I am building a 6 ARC right now. The Aero Upper at Brownells is the only 1 in 7 twist I have run across. All of the other barrels seem to be 1 in 7.5. I wound up going with a proof research 18" Barrel.
6MM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top