Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

6.5CM project (Page 3 of 3)
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 10:15:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I couldn't help myself. I ended up buying a modest scope for the rifle to contrast the iron sights when I get to the range. Give me a better idea of what I like to shoot. Arken was having a $100 off sale so I grabbed one of their 4-16 x 50 Gen II setups. Seems nice enough but I really don't know what I'm looking at....lol
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 9:40:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Had to scroll through this thread again to get an idea of where to mount the scope. I think I found a decent starting point but the mount I'm using won't allow me to mechanically level the scope to the mount (like using the arisaka slide tool or feeler gauges) so I'll try the plumb bob method this weekend. Good news the scope clears the iron sights and while its not a QD mount it installs and removes easy enough. Went with a Warne cantilever 20moa setup; so far so good.

I'll keep you posted, got side-tracked with having to build a shed to store my stuff; storage facility prices are going through the roof!
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 9:47:17 AM EDT
[#3]
In the meantime I assembled this little feller to teach my 9 year old how to shoot, or better stated, learn as I learn. Nothing fancy, 18" BA SPR barrel, Toolcraft BCG (phosphate and chrome), Schmid 2 stage trigger.
Starting with a red dot cause it's the easiest and I can actually explain how to use it to my son! doh!

Link Posted: 12/12/2021 1:33:27 PM EDT
[#4]
spent some time yesterday mounting the scope to the Warne Mount to the rifle, I used my electronic level to get it between .2 to 0 degrees level. It would shift about .1 degree depending on which side of the mount I was tightening. I think I'm closer to .1 off but no worse than .2 degrees. Hung a plumb bob but only had fishing line and it was tough to see. I'll probably redo the procedure just to double check everything but at least I have an idea of what I need to do. Took waaay longer than I thought it would but I was sort of learning as I go. Not sure I have the eye relief thing perfectly set but hopefully close enough.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 9:36:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope this means she's done!

Link Posted: 12/16/2021 10:14:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By moregrip:
I hope this means she's done!

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51750165239_5b59cffeda_b.jpg
View Quote

When you get to the range and post up some pictures she’s done. Ya know the fat lady singing? She’s not sang yet. Good luck I hope she’s a tack driver.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 11:12:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By sparkyD:

When you get to the range and post up some pictures she’s done. Ya know the fat lady singing? She’s not sang yet. Good luck I hope she’s a tack driver.
View Quote

hehe, I suppose thats true. I'll tell you this much....no matter how embarrassing that paper looks I wont shy away from it.....I'll post up the results.

I probably have a good couple of hours just sitting behind the rifle sitting on the table in my garage getting used to how she feels and where I think I'll like the settings
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 7:15:06 PM EDT
[#8]
This thread fell off my radar for a while.  MG, I thought for sure you'd have rounds down the tube by now!  

I hope life smiles on you and you get to take it to the range soon.  Looking forward to see what groups she'll print.

Oh, and nice job on the gun for the kiddo!
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 10:05:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Scott_S:
This thread fell off my radar for a while.  MG, I thought for sure you'd have rounds down the tube by now!  

I hope life smiles on you and you get to take it to the range soon.  Looking forward to see what groups she'll print.

Oh, and nice job on the gun for the kiddo!
View Quote

Thank you kindly. I was all set to go, had my buddy in town to spot for me and then I went and caught the damn Rona! 12 days of fevers; just now feeling somewhat normal....what a rush!
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
6.5CM project (Page 3 of 3)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top