Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2019 11:56:38 AM EDT
Looking for some advise from existing Tikka T3x owners and tinkerers over here at Arfcom. I have a T3x Hunter in 270 Win and would like put in a prefit 6.5 Creedmoor barrel like the Proof Research Carbon Fiber prefit CF barrel.

Is it possible to change calibers in the Tikka T3x actions? If so, would appreciate some inputs. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 12:51:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Mountain tactical sells a number of different caliber barrels for Tikkas so it would seem feasible.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 5:59:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroE] [#2]
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 12:44:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks AeroE. I get it that the Proof Carbon fiber barrels are expensive around one grand, but I might also look at their SS barrels which are cheaper.

Again, I was just looking to play around with changing calibers on my 270 Win Tikka T3x. What are the different calilber barrels that the T3x 270 action can fit on to without modifications? And also what is needed when putting on barrels of different caliber? Just screw on the barrel if its a prefit ?
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 1:58:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroE] [#4]
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 3:00:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got a couple of custom barreled Tikkas and they shoot beautifully. Changing the caliber is no issue as long as you match up the bolt face, bolt stop and magazines. I have two barrel nut setups and they both installed without issue. No need to square anything. Both are easily half MOA.

A Criterion barrel nut setup will do the trick.

-Stooxie
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top