User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 11:09:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SuperJlarge:
Factory 77fgmm. Tested it alongside a Stealth and it wasn't close. The stealth also had approximately double the std. dev. Granted, I wasn't firing the Stealth rifle, but a proficient shooter was. He ran mine with the 77's and put the first 3 in the same hole and the last 2 just outside of the group.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By doty_soty:
Originally Posted By doty_soty:

You've got higher standards than me then, my Stealth does about .7ish MOA with BH 77gr. Incidentally, the same as you are getting . I think much below that is asking a lot from a semi shooting factory loads, though some certainly luck into just such a setup.
I've got 2-3 that are exceptional performers. Tried the 77smk load with one of them beside of my 73 eld-m handloads a few weeks back. One of the 73's required chambering twice due to a feeding issue, and I probably should have scrapped that one. Back to back, bipod, rear squeeze bag.

https://i.imgur.com/e76UDnc.jpg

Small sample size, but I look forward to testing 5x5
Jeez, yeah if it can do that consistently then that's a straight shooter. Are those handloads or factory 77's?
Factory 77fgmm. Tested it alongside a Stealth and it wasn't close. The stealth also had approximately double the std. dev. Granted, I wasn't firing the Stealth rifle, but a proficient shooter was. He ran mine with the 77's and put the first 3 in the same hole and the last 2 just outside of the group.
if either or both of you want to shoot 5/ 5 round groups with ADI 69 grain SMK and post pics/results  I will defray the cost of the ammo.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 8:57:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I’m game. I can video as well (firing position/target).

Maybe someone can find that Federal Tru ammo as well.

Range Cam
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 6:42:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: doty_soty] [#3]
Originally Posted By winddummy82:

if either or both of you want to shoot 5/ 5 round groups with ADI 69 grain SMK and post pics/results  I will defray the cost of the ammo.
View Quote
I don’t mind picking a box up just to see how it shoots, no need for defrayment. 77’s have always shot better for me, but 69’s were never too far behind. I checked, and don’t see any in stock anywhere though. Am I looking wrong?

ETA: I’ve heard good things about both ADI and Gorilla, but have tried neither.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 7:24:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I think that’s why he’s offering to defray, ie, provide. That ammo hasn’t been imported in some time, at least not the heavies.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 12:38:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I think that's why he's offering to defray, ie, provide. That ammo hasn't been imported in some time, at least not the heavies.
View Quote
Sorry out in Vegas for Carpenters union training. I'll post more when I get back to Chicago.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:29:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Results from this past weekend.

The stealth barrel HATED the Hornady/Frontier 75hpbt load. The 77fgmm did pretty good.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:30:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry out in Vegas for Carpenters union training. I'll post more when I get back to Chicago.
View All Quotes
I think that's why he's offering to defray, ie, provide. That ammo hasn't been imported in some time, at least not the heavies.
I don't have any of the ammo I want to see honest results on. and living in crook county Illinois its damn near impossible to get ammo shipped here. that's why I offered to defray the cost of you guys that are willing to buy it and give honest feedback on it. my offer still stands to defray!

superjlarge and soty_doty logout and log back in please.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 11:45:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperJlarge] [#8]
Gotcha.

Well let me know what you’d like to see ran. I pulled my 5-25ATACR and put it on the Stealth barreled AR and also put on the PRS stock, so it’s setup for shooting groups now.

Thank you for your generosity!!
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 2:49:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: doty_soty] [#9]
Hey thank you, you’re too nice! And I’ll keep an eye out for some ADI, I’ll be back out shooting here in the next week or two.

In the meantime here’s a range report from when I was first getting my Stealth build off the ground. The barrel seems to have tightened groups up a hair since then, it was still pretty new at the time. It’s only one group per ammo type, but it gives some snapshots at least.

I’ve since switched to a SWFA 3-15 and mostly standardized on Black Hills 77 SMK for range use and Black Hills 77 TMK for hunting (this rifle has been my precision hunting rifle the last few deer seasons).

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Range_Report__16_Larue_Stealth/118-705630/
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:18:24 PM EDT
[#10]
https://ammoseek.com/ammo/223-remington/ADI-rifle-69grains-
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 9:33:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't have any of the ammo I want to see honest results on. and living in crook county Illinois its damn near impossible to get ammo shipped here. that's why I offered to defray the cost of you guys that are willing to buy it and give honest feedback on it. my offer still stands to defray!

superjlarge and soty_doty logout and log back in please.
View Quote
I did some precision testing with ADI 69gr SMK a couple years back... my SOCOM-barreled Colt loved that stuff. I may have a box or two in my stash.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 9:50:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Ordered 100rds of the ADI 69’s and a few more boxes of FGMM 77’s for testing.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 10:36:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Ordered 100rds of the ADI 69’s and a few more boxes of FGMM 77’s for testing.
https://i.imgur.com/wDBGz46.jpg
View Quote
I’ll be ordering some as well here in the next couple weeks. It’s been awhile since I shot precision rifle anyway, I need to get back out there! Let us know what you find and I’ll do the same and I will be sure to document whatever happens.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 10:39:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Ordered 100rds of the ADI 69’s
View Quote
I thought they stopped importing them?

I’ve got a bunch of it stored, but stopped shooting it.

(It’s great ammo)
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 8:40:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MS556] [#15]
Deleted.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 9:02:26 PM EDT
[#16]
90% of commercial ammo sucks for accuracy. The shooter is NOT the most important part of the rifle for accuracy... I have taught shooters with ZERO shooting  experience how to shoot and had them qualify at my local long range 300 yard qualifier shooting 5 shots into a 2 MOA bullseye with no shots allowed outside the bull, with a 1 MOA overall group size. That is with a bipod and rear bag. So if zero experience to 1 MOA is a process of a couple hours of instruction and 1 practice group and 1 live group, I'd say anyone can do it, with TOTAL ease. If you cant, your gun or ammo sucks.

The barrel is #1, ammo is #1 too. That is all that really matters in the end. You have to have both squared away.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 9:25:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By DevL:
90% of commercial ammo sucks for accuracy. The shooter is NOT the most important part of the rifle for accuracy... I have taught shooters with ZERO shooting  experience how to shoot and had them qualify at my local long range 300 yard qualifier shooting 5 shots into a 2 MOA bullseye with no shots allowed outside the bull, with a 1 MOA overall group size. That is with a bipod and rear bag. So if zero experience to 1 MOA is a process of a couple hours of instruction and 1 practice group and 1 live group, I'd say anyone can do it, with TOTAL ease. If you cant, your gun or ammo sucks.

The barrel is #1, ammo is #1 too. That is all that really matters in the end. You have to have both squared away.
View Quote
I’m getting sub .7moa with the ADI 69 and FGMM with a good barrel. That’s good stuff to start with. You can have everything squared away, but the shooter is a VERY important part of the equation, especially with a gas gun. They are different. If your fundamentals are off, they can turn a .5moa rifle/ammo combination into a 1.5moa combo.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 10:21:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By M4-AR:

(It’s great ammo)
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M4-AR:
Ordered 100rds of the ADI 69’s

(It’s great ammo)
Same and same.

I've got a case of it.  To my knowledge it's still not being imported.  Reason being it isn't profitable to sell after fees, taxes etc.  To make it so, the retail price would be north of federal 69gr fgmm.

I called and emailed quite a few vendors when it dried up.  All said the same thing.  An importer bought a bunch, couldn't move it, liquidated it to vendors at cost just to get rid of it.

My guess is, the last of that lot is being sold.  Good stuff.  Not as hot as fgmm, but just as accurate.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 11:30:32 PM EDT
[#19]
FWIW, I have 2 guns in the moa challenge. Those two entries represent a small amount of groups I shot with each gun. I also spent a lot of time developing loads.

Step one: focus on fundamentals.
Step two: settle on a load your gun likes.
Step three: lay in a good amount of he sm lot of that ammo.
Step four: proper practice makes perfect.

Shoot until people think your crazy for shooting so much. For some it comes easy. For the rest of us we have to work for it...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top