Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 4/2/2022 12:34:34 PM EDT
Ok, so I am flexing the +2x-itis, and am wanting a 1-10x scope.  When 1-8x got to be a thing not too long ago, I dumped my 1-6x scopes and bought 1-8x's and I discovered things that I REALLY didn't like about the scopes that I bought with the extra 2X... I have roughly the same want list everyone else does, daylight illumination, FFP, good useable reticle with drop and wind, you know the drill.  

So, what I would like to do in this thread is have folks do mini-reviews on scopes they own, what they like, and dislike about their particular scope.  While I particularly want to "focus" on the 1-10x varieties, if you have aonther outlook - for example if you tried a 1-10 and then decided that you like [insert other option here] instead, that is legit.  I'm looking at you 1-8x owners...lol.  Also, it may be helpful if you post how you use the scope, as hunters or home defense users may have a wildly different perspective than, say 3 gunners.  

Please don't turn this into a bash thread or complaints about the actual companies or their policies (although price, origin and warranty ARE fair game), just stick to the merits or defects of the scopes themselves.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 12:15:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Very briefly had an atibal.

The reticle looked "hairy", like the paint (or however they make the reticle black) seeped out from the etched areas.

It also had a super tight eye box and the optic was very dark.

Went with ACOG's where appropriate and various medium and high variable power optics where appropriate
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 7:53:06 AM EDT
[#2]
This discussion should be in the AR-15 Optics forum, where there are numerous discussions about LPVOs.

LPVOs aren't used on precision rifles (for the most part).

A mod should move it, or it should be recreated there.  its pointless here.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 9:58:12 PM EDT
[#3]
My March 1-10 shorty DR is outstanding.  Very bright illumination , 17 oz, parallax adjustment, fine eye box and outstanding glass.   What’s not to like?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top