Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2022 10:09:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmateurLuthier]
Has anyone mounted a pistol scope on a .22 with both rings to the rear in order to get just a couple more inches of eye relief?  I wouldn't do this on a centerfire firearm, but I'm guessing it won't matter on a .22lr.  Am I correct, or is this ridiculous? Firearm is a work in progress.

***MODs - I just realized this is in the wrong place, could I get a move to Rimfire Pistols?***
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 2:47:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably the wrong scope for a pistol but do whatever works for you. Long eye relief low power scopes or red dots will work better.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 11:14:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Trollslayer] [#2]
Originally Posted By AmateurLuthier:  Am I correct, or is this ridiculous? Firearm is a work in progress.
View Quote

It is begging for some form of cantilever mount.

Keep working on it, you have a long way to go.  

Link Posted: 4/6/2022 9:57:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmateurLuthier] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Urimaginaryfrnd:
Probably the wrong scope for a pistol but do whatever works for you. Long eye relief low power scopes or red dots will work better.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Urimaginaryfrnd:

Scope is a Simmons ProHunter 4x32 pistol scope.  

Originally Posted By Trollslayer:

It is begging for some form of cantilever mount.

Keep working on it, you have a long way to go.  

Yeah, ordered one today.  The two rings on one side just looks weird.

Going to drill out the receiver later this month.  It will progress quickly once the barrel hole is drilled.

My son (9 y/o) is going to do one too (as a rifle).  These are going to be father/son projects.  He's going to drill his own.  I'm hoping he takes pride in doing something for himself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top