Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2018 10:12:32 PM EDT
Normally fish from a canoe with trolling motor on small calm lakes in my area.   But loading the canoe is sometimes a pain, and driving around with it "just in case" is not doable.

Would a wide inflatable SUP work ok for short 1-2 hour trips?

Was contemplating strapping a small cooler in the middle with a rod holder attached to the cooler.  Use a kayak paddle and paddle seated on the cooler.  (forest preserve does not allow SUP's)  Tackle would be a small Plano box.   Again, this would be for fast trips.   Like skipping work over a long lunch.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 7:47:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I would think so.  I have an iRocker Blackfin and they even sell a Kayak seat and paddle set for it.  With all of the d ring points, it should work great.
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 9:13:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I just bought the sea eagle FS126 SUP, its made to fish from. Couple buddies have been using Bote SUP for fishing this last year and sold me on it too. Mine just shipped yesterday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top