Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2019 6:16:56 PM EDT
bought a used TM mount 360. hoping someone can tell me a stupid step i'm missing.
the power plug is cut off and hard wired. power, ground proper and the "drain" wire taped off.

its connected directly to a humminbird helix9 SI.

but its not detected by the head unit.

tried hooking it up through a known good Ethernet cable and dongle.

tested the wires and power is going in.
updated the software in the head unit

is it junk? or am I missing something?
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 6:30:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you try a default reset yet?
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 9:46:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ydididothis:
Did you try a default reset yet?
View Quote
Yes, before upgrading the software on the helix
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 2:03:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Unplug 360, turn on helix, then do reset default. Do this twice with the 360 unplugged, shut down then plug in 360. Power up and wait a few minutes to see if it connects with the helix.

May have to call tech support, but finding the right person to help you troubleshoot it will be a pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 3:42:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ydididothis:
Unplug 360, turn on helix, then do reset default. Do this twice with the 360 unplugged, shut down then plug in 360. Power up and wait a few minutes to see if it connects with the helix.

May have to call tech support, but finding the right person to help you troubleshoot it will be a pain in the ass.
View Quote
I'll give that a shot.
Is there any way to tell if the sonar us turning in there? Just to kmow its doing something?
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 9:42:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Not that I know of, this is second hand from my cousin, he runs Hb with the 360 through an ethernet hub. I have Garmin's. Do you know if you're getting enough voltage?
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 10:45:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, hard wired to the battery 12.8v at the 360 wires.
Have no way of testing if the actual unit is powered up though.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 12:40:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Might try removing the pod and checking the pin connections for corrosion.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 1:57:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, the resets didn't work, and theres no plugs on the pod on the TM version. Wires go straight into the sealed pod
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 11:43:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 6:37:13 PM EDT
[#10]
No, only the transom mount one has connectors. To seperate the pod from the powered deployment system. The TM 360 there is no connector case and thw wires are sealed into the pod
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 8:23:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm going to go with, it's toasted. Have you reached out to tech support yet? I hear they're pain in the ass to deal with just like Lowrance, that's why I went Garmin.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top