Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 4:12:17 PM EDT
[#1]
what are most of these files?   pdfs of prepper books?   3d printing / CAD files?  instructional videos?

i'm confused, but interested :)
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 5:44:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
what are most of these files?   pdfs of prepper books?   3d printing / CAD files?  instructional videos?

i'm confused, but interested :)
View Quote

Glancing at it, it's mostly military training manuals, from 1950 onwards. Everything imaginable, from dentistry, water purification, food storage, sterilization, NBC, nukes, combat, first aid, medical,  weapons manuals, x 1000. Plus prepper stuff, farming, and more.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 5:46:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Glancing at it, it's mostly military training manuals, from 1950 onwards. Everything imaginable, from dentistry, water purification, food storage, sterilization, NBC, nukes, combat, first aid, medical,  weapons manuals, x 1000. Plus prepper stuff, farming, and more.
View Quote
Nice, maybe I should buy a copy then

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:50:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

heres a few random screen shots of files.  its got some good information in it.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 3:43:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link that might be similar link
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:18:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Just to confirm, did anyone other than BlueMax1 order the 512 GB Samsung Evo select micro card that was linked to on pg 1? There was no ARF ID associated with the card that showed up in todays mail, so i want to make sure that Blue Max is getting his correct property back to him...
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:24:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Sends IM along w/ 87 other greedy ARFCOMers.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:53:06 PM EDT
[#9]
MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

This should work right? $45 isnt bad.

edit dont buy this. reviews suck
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:08:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
www.amazon.com/dp/B079D359S6

This should work right? $45 isnt bad.
View Quote

Yes it should,but if multiple people purchase stuff from links here, let me know whose purchases to expect and an address to return the drive back to

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:14:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yes it should,but if multiple people purchase stuff from links here, let me know whose purchases to expect and an address to return the drive back to

Thanks in advance
View Quote

actually disregard that link. first F amazon.  second the reviews are horrible.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:40:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:43:13 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

@Buck19delta

Do you know if there's a "download all" option or a way to grab everything in the folder for that?  Downloading each individually would take a lot of time clicking away.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:40:17 PM EDT
[#14]
I'd be interested.

if there are concerns about having it truly online what about private sftp? it'd be more work to setup but isn't too difficult. it can be a virtual host and then you can just pass a password around and people can download it. for those not familiar it's kind of like a secure download link that isn't visible to the public or from things like google.

ive been toying with the idea of setting up a bootable linux thumb drive, coupled with this info it could be an all in one stop shop. you could then use it on almost any computer, even if you dont have the login.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:16:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

@Buck19delta

Do you know if there's a "download all" option or a way to grab everything in the folder for that?  Downloading each individually would take a lot of time clicking away.  
View Quote
I found a RAR with 22000 manuals Link let me look on one of my other drives I had alot of firearm manuals from a similar site.
If you use Firefox there is addon called "Downthemall" that will let you D/L entire directories to save on all that clicking and you can select the types like all pdf all RAR,zip,image files etc.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:44:26 AM EDT
[#16]
@tc556guy
I'm sent with a question. Great thread.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:10:05 AM EDT
[#17]
You should be getting my reply
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:40:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone tried this one?
1 TB thumb drive
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:34:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Anyone tried this one?
1 TB thumb drive
View Quote

I did
It sucked
Don't waste your money
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:54:27 PM EDT
[#20]
@tc556guy

IM sent. I can send some portable SSD's in contribution.

Thanks,

Surveyor
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:36:03 PM EDT
[#21]
For the guys who already got a copy of my collection, confirm that all of the folders have content. Somehow when I copied the collection for one person the folders about half way down the page got no content. Ive been randomly opening the first few folders after cloning my drive, but wasn't checking every folder
If anyone got a partial collection I'll get a complete copy of the collection to you
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:44:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Just a quick note to anyone who expressed an interest in a cloned copy of my stuff but hasn't sent me a drive yet

Another member donated some material for me to add to my collection. I've just spent the last few hours weeding out the duplicates of stuff i already had and placing the rest of the material into my collection. With that material added , it'll require at a minimum a 1 TB drive you'll want to send me, without my having to make a judgement call and cut a bunch of other material out.

Thanks for the material donation, unnamed member.

edit: On another note, I had another Samsung Evo Select SD card show up today via Amazon with no sender info. The only one left on the list who said they were sending one ordered it too recently for it to have arrived today( per their PM when it was shipped ). Anyone else sent me one recently?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:21:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Can anyone suggest a quality 1TB plus thumb drive for storing this content on?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:56:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Can anyone suggest a quality 1TB plus thumb drive for storing this content on?
View Quote

Good ones are ~$160 -$180, but slower than the fastest external SSDs. Is the size factor really that important? If not, consider the Samsung T7. Even if your current setup can't take advantage of the speed capability, it'll be more upgrade friendly for your future systems.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:30:21 PM EDT
[#25]
for what it's worth I use one of these and it works great. Seagate 1TB HDD. Not as fast as an SSD, but only $48 from the evil empire
MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:38:36 AM EDT
[#26]
2005 US Army Band Section Leader Handbook
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:25:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Good ones are ~$160 -$180, but slower than the fastest external SSDs. Is the size factor really that important? If not, consider the Samsung T7. Even if your current setup can't take advantage of the speed capability, it'll be more upgrade friendly for your future systems.
View Quote

I bought one off Amazon for $50. Loads everything just fine...
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:30:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The platter drives work fine. They just need extra care when packaging them for shipping as they're more susceptible to shock/manhandling.

SSDs, thumb drives and SDXC cards etc OTOH, don't have moving parts, so they're more resistant to that kind of abuse.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 3:52:49 PM EDT
[#29]
@tc556guy

Email sent.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 5:53:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Why not put it on Dropbox? Share a link to it. Compress it, encrypt it, hand out the password via IM.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 5:59:30 AM EDT
[#31]
That's been suggested. Not an option I wanted to pursue with my collection
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 8:37:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Thank you @tc556guy. Off to shop for tier 1 external SSD? what works best for you no hassle?
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:26:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Thank you @tc556guy. Off to shop for tier 1 external SSD? what works best for you no hassle?
View Quote

I think any of the name brand stuff would work for you
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 5:39:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Thanks tt556guy, quick turnaround! Nice!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top