Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2022 7:39:10 PM EDT
going through my years of stuff I have like 10 3 day assault packs and then bigger packs and then smaller packs.
I have one back. I just liked collecting them over the years. All good brands such as LBT, eagle, 5.11, spec ops, and various issued ones.

Not sure if I should sell them and put the money towards other stuff or keep them.
I don't need to get rid of them, but I could use the space (plus trying to simplify my life).

I have extra web gear for family handouts and maybe extra packs are not a bad idea?

I know tough problem to have

I pulled out one of the LBT's and was like I should sell....then the nostalgia kicked in and I was like...I have room

need justification to keep them
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 8:30:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Balance between “make bags for family and friends that might show up” vs “I could put this towards thermal or NV

Link Posted: 5/11/2022 8:36:12 PM EDT
[#2]
If it’s under like $50 a bag I say keep. I’ve found low price items aren’t worth my time and the trouble. But if they are $100 bags?

You’re talking a solar generator or second deep freezer money
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 9:05:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I find myself guilty of this too.
I buy gear, upgrade gear, put old gear away.
But then I change my mind and go back to old gear.
Then I think about selling old gear, but then I think about the effort of posting it, taking pictures, shipping, etc all for $50 or so. And then what if I want it again!

Link Posted: 5/11/2022 9:24:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Ditto OP....

Whacha got?
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 11:50:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Sell them.

You could probably make up some fictional scenario where you need to have a bunch of packs, but that will never happen. If it’s for friends and family, see if they want them now.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 1:50:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Just looked at shipping cost

Yea my packs were all over $100, but I’d be lucky to get half that. Now with shipping

Bummer

I may try and sell my new filbe
I’m getting older and it’s looking bigger and bigger
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:14:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yea my packs were all over $100, but I’d be lucky to get half that. Now with shipping

Bummer

View Quote

Give some stuff away to people that will use it. Family and friends. Better someone else use it than you just hoarding it in a closet.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:13:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I go back and forth. If you aren't running out of room and have play money for other things, hold onto extra things if they have any possibility of being used in the future. If not, sell and use the money to buy things you'd like
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:50:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Bummer

View Quote

I do the same and play the same mental thought game/ process all the time.  Unless it's something super high value I just keep it.  I have curbed my new gear purchase over the last two years unless its something specific or none repetitive to what i already have.

Example, I had a couple maxpedition packs, like a sling pack I loved but never really used.  I was able to sell that a while back online for $100+.  I have several other LLBean/ Kelty/ milsurplus packs that will do the same but are not as high value, so I decided to sell some of it.  On the flip side I did the same with almost all my molle gear a couple years back as I didn't really use it and of course I decided to build a basic battle belt once again but trying to use what crap I already have on hand.

All said and done I think now is the time to save money vs buying any new hi speed low drag gear.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 12:56:00 PM EDT
[#10]
sell anything actually high dollar and give away to friends or family or keep the low to mid grade stuff. its just not worth the hassle to pocket 40 bucks off a 125 dollar pack. now getting 250 back from a 400 dollar pack can be worth it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 9:01:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Pics? I'll be back home to WI this summer if you are around Oshkosh.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 7:21:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's how I feel

Hometown garage sale/gear swap.  I'll bring my leftovers, you bring yours!
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 7:00:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That's how I feel

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's how I feel

I’m west of Kenosha county
I sold some at a garage sale
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top