Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 5:45:40 PM EDT
[#1]
You guys...

I decided to renovate our bonus over the garage into an exercise area and dedicated home office.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/29/2022 8:02:58 PM EDT
[#2]
How many smashed fingers, bloodied knuckles, and pints of blood do you expect to lose as well?  It seems like I can't finish a project without including those as well.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 8:12:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 11:02:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SWIRE:
How many smashed fingers, bloodied knuckles, and pints of blood do you expect to lose as well?  It seems like I can't finish a project without including those as well.
View Quote
Oh, let me tell you...

I was snipping zip ties for HVAC ductwork that needed to come out yesterday with a pair of dykes. Managed to catch the meat of my right index finger. Didn't break the skin but did pop up a gigantic blood blister. Figured I'd just be careful and deal with it later.

Nope.

Cutting a 2x4 for framing a little later, and there's blood everywhere. WTF. Then I notice that I managed to somehow pop said blood blister a while earlier apparently because certain parts of my framing job are akin to a murder scene. How I didn't notice this is beyond me, but it's on my clothes, on my tools and all over the wood.

Also, if I never see another carpet pad staple or tack strip for the rest of my life, I'm good.

Link Posted: 1/30/2022 11:49:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 10:34:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Coming down the stretch in the office renovation, hope to post some updates soon!
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 10:58:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:54:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Short update:

Garden is in and doing well.

I have had to deal with some cannibalism issues with chickens. Not sure I have gotten that 100% resolved but the big tractor has helped. They are far too busy foraging to peck each other.

Office and desk is officially DONE as of tonight, and that is going to be very important shortly.

More to come when I am back at a computer!
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 7:58:35 AM EDT
[#9]
A long overdue update appears....

Going to try and split this into separate posts to make things a little easier to understand how this whole process went.

Back in December, and after almost 2 years of WFH, the realization set in that I really needed a dedicated office space. I had fought with it for a long time, but December the decision was made to renovate the bonus room above the garage into an office space / exercise area.

And so the demo begins. Out came the old carpet, and this is the blank slate we are left to start with:

And the stairs were also carpeted, which was taken up as well:

Now, secretly in the back of my head, I was hoping for good condition stair treads that I could have easily stained, but that was not the case. With most construction related things, since it was covered up they just screwed them down.

The other piece of demo was the eave door, which I had always hated, and with the elimination of the traditional HVAC system behind it, I ordered an insulated knee wall door to replace it (remember this, it becomes important later...)

That pretty much is the extent of the demo. I now had a nice clean slate to work with, I had plans, but my how those plans would change...

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 8:06:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Fast forward two months, and Ive been working on this project off and on and I get the call from my bosses boss on a Tuesday. My boss, who I really loved working for and enjoyed having as a boss for a number of reasons (but mainly because he wasnt "the boss", he was part of the team)... Well, hes leaving. This project now takes on a whole new fever pitch, as I know my workload is going to uptick drastically in the next few weeks/months, and my previous office, which was really just a converted spare bedroom, was right next to my daughters bedroom. So there really now needs to be some separation of spaces here.

Enter: Framing and drywall

Like most "bonus" rooms, it was intended to take advantage of the space above the garage, but there were a few issues I wanted solved. First, I wanted a DOOR that would separate me from the outside world when needed. Second, dedicated office space. No reloading bench, no work bench, no NOTHING that is not 100% work related. So I set about making that happen.

Started with framing out the shell:

Then started studding out:

The big details was where the door was going to go and which direction it would swing, so I decided left handed door on the right side was the easiest way to solve that issue.

Drywall going up:

And almost done:

For the most part, this part went pretty quickly and I was done in a weekend and some change. Of course, the devil is in the details and drywall finishing is an ART, but more on that later.

This was the point in the project where I had to go to Atlanta for a week, and basically everything stopped, but I had more plans up my sleeve. Knowing that the room had never been insulated properly from below (I think they tossed whatever batt insulation they had left in the floor joists), I decided to solve that issue, so on the way back from Atlanta, I called an audible...
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 8:17:09 AM EDT
[#11]
The floor of the bonus room was standard 16" OC joists that were, give or take 14" deep total. After doing some poking around, I made the decision to do blown in cellulose. How you might ask, since its a finished space?

Well, theres a trick to that...

Knowing from previous efforts with running wiring for various things, I knew the joists were not blocked off other than the ends, so I bought a trailer full of blown in cellulose right before I left for Atlanta, and worked with the Home Depot to pick the machine up on my way home in mid February. This is the ultimate result:

I took a Skil saw, set the blade to depth, and cut between rows of nails length wise down the room. Pulled the old batting out, took a long rod, actually it was the pole I use for the skimmer/brush for the pool because it extends 20 ft, and taped the hose to it. I did end to end blown in insulation, and the eave where the old HVAC was, I had also put down plywood, so that was now also closed off. Best guesses is I got 12" at least through the whole space, if not more By my math, that should give me an R value of 40+ throughout, and I can tell you after a few cool mornings and hot afternoons, separating the space from the garage has made a HUGE difference in how the room feels.

From there, we moved on to tape, mud and drywall finishing and hanging a door:

This is where I ran into issues.

Remember the insulated door I ordered back in December? Yeah? That one? Well, it is now mid March at this point almost, and it still is not here. I had roughly framed out the space it needed to go, but at this point I know I have the paint guys already decked up for the first of April, and I am starting to get nervous its not going to show. Lo and behold, it finally showed mid March, almost 3 months after it had been ordered with a 3-5 day delivery window... My dad cut some time out of his schedule to get it in, framed out, and finished:

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 8:24:34 AM EDT
[#12]
The door timing couldnt have been better, because that same week, I got a call from the painters. They had a cancellation/reschedule for a construction job they were working, and two of their guys were free if I could accommodate them later that week.

Queue the absolute mad dash to finish and sand every inch of drywall spackle known to man...

Now would be a good time to mention... As part of this project, I wanted to solve a couple of issues in the room. One was lighting. There was no where near enough light from a single fixture above the stairs and the fan light. So, I bought some of these with the intent of adding a few in my new office, replacing a fixture, and potentially (more on this later) replacing a can light.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L55C33G?tag=arfcom00-20

So far, they have worked out FANTASTIC. They are super easy to install/retrofit, and they are bright, and they wont break the bank.

I let my wife do the paint pickout:

Remember when I said drywall was an art? It is apparently not one I am good at. You can see the seams where we replaced the knee wall door and where the wall was built out if you look right, but oh well. Its an office space and not a lived in part of the house.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 8:42:28 AM EDT
[#13]
This brings me to the last big hurdle. The floor.

I picked the paint, well, my wife did, knowing what color we had picked for the floor. I had decided to go easy and fast, and do LVP. Prior to this though, I went through and every 16" or so, put screws into the joist to shut up every little pop and squeak, of which there were many, and went through and pounded all the nails flat.

Then came the day we went to Costco to get floor...

GONE. All of it. Costco decided to blow it out at 99 cents a square foot, and pallets of flooring that previously was $2.19 a square foot disappeared overnight.

Panic set in, but we decided to shop around, and finally found a color we thought would work with our paint choice at Lowes, albeit for $1.60 more a square foot than we had planned on paying. Until this point, I had been pretty "on budget" with most everything I had wanted to do, but spending almost double for the floor hurt, but it is what it is.

First row in the office in...

And a couple more...

I made the strategic decision when we started laying floor that it would run lengthwise out the door and we would floor the other room in the same manner. This did two things, first, it kept us from making a transition, and second, it would allow the floor to flow down the staircase which I intend to floor with the same LVP, with making my own bull noses for stair treads.

Office was done in a little over 2 hours.

Once you get the hang of how to cut and place, you can really sling this stuff down and roll on.

The exercise side was finished out that same week but I have not taken pictures of it quite yet, those will come!
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 2:16:47 PM EDT
[#14]
What brand is that knee wall door? Is it Farok?  and if so, what size is it?

I was getting ready to pull the trigger on them from home depot but the price of the 27x35 went up when I was checking out from $202 on sale to $239.  They have the 21x31 for $175 but trying to decide if the price difference is worth it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 2:50:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By cucamelsmd15:
This brings me to the last big hurdle. The floor.

I picked the paint, well, my wife did, knowing what color we had picked for the floor. I had decided to go easy and fast, and do LVP. Prior to this though, I went through and every 16" or so, put screws into the joist to shut up every little pop and squeak, of which there were many, and went through and pounded all the nails flat.

Then came the day we went to Costco to get floor...

GONE. All of it. Costco decided to blow it out at 99 cents a square foot, and pallets of flooring that previously was $2.19 a square foot disappeared overnight.

Panic set in, but we decided to shop around, and finally found a color we thought would work with our paint choice at Lowes, albeit for $1.60 more a square foot than we had planned on paying. Until this point, I had been pretty "on budget" with most everything I had wanted to do, but spending almost double for the floor hurt, but it is what it is.
https://i.imgur.com/uuDbLAx.jpg

First row in the office in...

https://i.imgur.com/UTUS28b.jpg

And a couple more...

https://i.imgur.com/H0DBcBc.jpg

I made the strategic decision when we started laying floor that it would run lengthwise out the door and we would floor the other room in the same manner. This did two things, first, it kept us from making a transition, and second, it would allow the floor to flow down the staircase which I intend to floor with the same LVP, with making my own bull noses for stair treads.

https://i.imgur.com/I6gi8WS.jpg

Office was done in a little over 2 hours.

Once you get the hang of how to cut and place, you can really sling this stuff down and roll on.

The exercise side was finished out that same week but I have not taken pictures of it quite yet, those will come!
View Quote

Looking good!  We're strongly considering LVP in our house.  How much of a PITA was it to get it under the baseboard?
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 2:58:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By chriscamilo:
What brand is that knee wall door? Is it Farok?  and if so, what size is it?

I was getting ready to pull the trigger on them from home depot but the price of the 27x35 went up when I was checking out from $202 on sale to $239.  They have the 21x31 for $175 but trying to decide if the price difference is worth it.
View Quote
Fakro, but yes, it's the 27x35. Worth the money IMO. I paid $239 for mine.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 2:59:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Pavelow16478:

Looking good!  We're strongly considering LVP in our house.  How much of a PITA was it to get it under the baseboard?
View Quote
Suuuuuuper easy. Just slip it right under. You're covering the edges with quarter round anyway so that also gives you some wiggle room dimensionally too.

Having done this, I will redo my upstairs with it versus going to carpet again.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 6:32:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Suuuuuuper easy. Just slip it right under. You're covering the edges with quarter round anyway so that also gives you some wiggle room dimensionally too.

Having done this, I will redo my upstairs with it versus going to carpet again.
View Quote

Thanks!  We're debating on new trim anyway, just made the decision harder
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 8:17:07 AM EDT
[#19]

I had approx 1.25 acres behind the house that was overgrown thicket that was next to impossible to manage. A day with a forestry mulcher, and its ready for some grass seed in the fall and maybe a fire pit. We even made a few friends along the way:
https://i.imgur.com/XSvJbMe.jpg
View Quote
Thanks for this thread!

I have several acres that are similarly over grown and I'm convinced that a forestry mulcher is the tool for clearing them.  Did you pay somebody to bring it out and do the clearing for you or did you just rent it and run it yourself?  I'm trying to get a sense for cost so I can budget for it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 8:00:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By kill-9:
Thanks for this thread!

I have several acres that are similarly over grown and I'm convinced that a forestry mulcher is the tool for clearing them.  Did you pay somebody to bring it out and do the clearing for you or did you just rent it and run it yourself?  I'm trying to get a sense for cost so I can budget for it.
View Quote
Just realized I never answered this one...

I paid someone to do it. In fact, they are coming to do another days worth tomorrow. $2500 for the day.

Can you rent one? Sure, you can, but the problem is operating. That mulcher head is HEAVY and requires some operator skill to work effectively. The company I use also has a guy with a pole saw, which helps the guy in the skidsteer. Lastly, there's just plain quality of work. When I had my previous mulching done, it literally looked like mulch you can buy in bags at your local big box store. I see some competitors of the company I use post pictures and there are still 12-24" chunks of stuff laying around. Also consider, diesel in my AO is currently $5.79 a gallon. Most 110+ HP machines consume 3-5 gallons of diesel an hour at max load, and running a mulcher head, you will be maxing that thing out.

In the end, this one falls into "break out the checkwrench" category for me.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:57:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Not a lot to report on the homestead lately. Work has been in absolute crunch mode for a planned rollout over labor day that didn't happen, so I am now playing catch up on all the stuff I let go.

I did manage to burn down the burn pile so there's that. Right now, I am making sure everything is in order for what looks to be a difect hit from Ian this weekend.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:13:55 AM EDT
[#22]
I just saw the completed floor update and that color looks great in that room.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 7:22:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 8:49:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Attachment Attached File

I know it doesn't look like much, but this was 38 buckets of dirt from where I had the excavation done behind the barn to level this out. Previously there was a ~2ft depression here that would cause the zero turn to drag the back frame going across.

Not gonna lie, it took a lot more dirt and time than I thought, but I was thankful to have a day off work and the time to do it Friday. Put some good tunes on the earbuds and got it done. All while smoking dinner...
Attachment Attached File

Ain't mad at that...
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 2:27:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Been dreading this one for a bit...

Back when I decided to do the LVP in the office, to do stairs, the bull noses pieces were like $80 for a 6ft section, if, IF you could find them. I didn't pay that much for the entire floor...

Enter YouTube and watching people make them, I decided that was the route I would go.

Attachment Attached File

Started with the first one this weekend. It took me a DAY to do this one. Why? Nothing, and I mean NOTHING about the stairs are square. So it was cut, fit, trim, fit, trim, fit, trim. Then form with the jig I made.

After doing the first one, I realized the easy part would be the kick panels so I went ahead and finished those...

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/1/2023 3:10:28 PM EDT
[#26]

Back when I decided to do the LVP in the office, to do stairs, the bull noses pieces were like $80 for a 6ft section, if, IF you could find them. I didn't pay that much for the entire floor...

Enter YouTube and watching people make them, I decided that was the route I would go.

View Quote

So you are heating, bending, and cooling hoping that it retains the shape and doesn't stretch, melt, or otherwise look different?
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 3:14:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By SWIRE:

So you are heating, bending, and cooling hoping that it retains the shape and doesn't stretch, melt, or otherwise look different?
View Quote
Yep. There is a lot of finesse in this. The first key is to remove the underlayment (I use a palm router). Then slowly heat until it's hot enough to form. Too hot and it splits, too cold and it deforms and stretches unnaturally. I had a bunch of cut pieces so I practiced on the scrap probably 15-20 times before doing the first piece.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 6:11:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kitties-with-Sigs] [#28]
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 7:22:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Kitties-with-Sigs:

I think it would have been beautiful to do the dark risers and finish the pine (I think?) for the steps.  

But I am REALLY interested in how this turns out with shaping the bullnose.

ETA:  That one on the top step looks perfect, and I would never have believed anybody could do that at home.

View Quote
I thought about that actually. But when they put the treads in, they are just screwed in. The treads went in first and then the kick backers, so some of the screws are covered. So replacement was the only option and even then, it would have been a big pain. So, here we are forming vinyl into a bullnose. Amazing what is let go when you think it'll always just be covered with carpet.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:21:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 12:20:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Got a PM asking if I could elaborate a bit on the process I used. I did this through trial and error, so keep that in mind.

Attachment Attached File

This is a cut piece for a bullnose. I use a stair tread gauge to get them to length. Then four passes with the palm router.

Attachment Attached File

This is the jig I built. Just a cheap tread with a stop on the back.

Attachment Attached File

I start on the inside of the tread. Keeping the heat gun moving at a consistent speed and distance is the key. Patience is key. Once it starts to bend, and is about a 90 degree angle, I switch to outside. You have to work this in three zones. There is the initial lip bend, then the actual tread nose, then the tread bend, and if you think of each one as a zone to work the heat, that's the key. The last zone, I am both putting pressure to bend, but also downward pressure to form it to the nose of the tread.

Attachment Attached File

And just like that, another one is done.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:17:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Apparently something similar can be done with deck boards.

The guy does some impressive custom builds.

FOLDED DECK BOARDS How To - THE MOUNTAIN PT. 8

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 7:01:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 7:02:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 7:15:33 PM EDT
[#35]

I'm sure you are getting faster as you go.   How long would you say it's taking you, now that you have the process worked out, to do one stair tread?

View Quote
Heh, so, I don't know really....

I've been trying to work around weather and other family commitments. I would say, 1.5 hours per tread. Today I measured, cut, and routed a number, and I will try to finish some more this week as it's supposed to rain towards the end of the week. The process is filthy dusty. I think doing it in phases will help cut down the time, i.e. all the outside dusty work done, then all the forming done, then all the placing done.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 2:39:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Neglected to post this a while back, but during our streak of warm weather back in Feb, we took advantage and had the pool liner replaced. It was an interesting process to see, and using the bladder (the big gray bag) saved us a trucks worth of water. Still took two trucks to finish topping it off. Hoping to get another 10 trouble free years out of this liner!
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 9:07:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:38:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 57plymouth] [#38]
There are three primary types of inground pools: fiberglass which is a preformed unit dropped into a hole.  Gunnite or plaster which is a hole that is lined with a sprayed-in cement liner and coated with a waterproof plaster.  The third type is vinyl liner, which is what the OP has.  All three types have advantages and disadvantages.

The vinyl liner actually hangs off of a lip at the top of the pool. There is a sort of clip that goes around the top of the pool.  Sort of like a really big ziploc bag, but more like a hook.  Typically the walls are metal and not cement but that varies by installer.  The liner lays in place, and the weight of the water is what pushes it into the sides of the pool.  

Above ground pools are installed in a very similar manner.

When you fill a pool you can buy the water in truck loads from suppliers that specialize in filling pools.  Or you can fill from your municipal public water and let them know you are filling a pool, and the sell the water at a discount since no sewer processing is associated with the use.  Or if you have a well you can fill it yourself out of your well, which is what I did when I put in my pool.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 10:13:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 8:28:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Metal or cement.  The OP looks like he has metal.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 9:13:46 AM EDT
[#41]
57plymouth pretty much covered all the bases. Mine is a vinyl liner, but the underneath is a mixture of vermiculite and cement, and there is a layer of foam on the walls.

I was actually nervous doing this since the pool is now 24 years old, but the underpinnings appear to be in good shape. The base is common here as NC clay is great for growing tuh-baccer but sucks for anything involving drainage. A common issue here is that the base will be done incorrectly and "float" the liner. This is where water gets behind the liner and causes it to detach from the base or wall.

Where I live, fiberglass pools are a bit of a rarity. Liner seems to be the most common. I have a friend who has a gunnite pool that was poorly maintained by the previous owner and he recently spent $55k in repairs. Granted his pool is 3x the size of mine, but a liner with labor and some add ons like Liner Lock (which helps keep the liner in the track that's built into the coping) was less than $6k including water since I'd never be able to fill mine off my well. Unlike the old liner that came out, the new one is one piece and was cut and joined prior to being installed. It was actually pretty neat to see the whole process done.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 11:46:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 7:45:57 AM EDT
[#43]
I don't know on the cost, because that will vary by area.  I filled mine from my well.

Pool water is just clean water.  It's no different that municipal water.  

As far as chemicals, it doesn't have to be very hard.  I have a copper ionizer on my pool which I have to replace every year.  It takes me about 15 minutes to replace it.  I add a scoop of shock which is basically chlorine once per week during swim season and once every three weeks during the rest of the year.  That's all I do unless I get a lot of rain and I have to adjust ph.  I have to do that maybe twice during swim season, and once or twice the rest of the year.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 1:25:52 PM EDT
[#44]

So...out of curiosity, how much does a truck load of water hold (how many gallons) and how much does that cost, delivered and pumped into a pool?

And is the water already treated and ready to be "pool water?"  Or do you have to do the normal "let it sit there and become what it's supposed to be" thing?
View Quote
I think two trucks were $650 total but admittedly I did get the "bro-discount" because the guy who owns the company is in my circle of friends. Each truck was right at 6000 gallons of I remember right, maybe 6500. I did have to top off from the well, but I can't ever fill off my well, I just don't have the refill rate.

As far as treating, I circulated for a day (even municipal water has junk in it that a sand filter catches), did my backwash, then added my chemicals. I use an app called Pool Math which makes tracking my levels and additions super easy. I made a series of additions and tested in between until I got it where I wanted. In general, you want chlorine to sanitize, so the first big addition was salt. From there, brought up alkalinity and stabilizer (because they raise and lower pH respectively). Once those were where they needed to be, I added calcium hardness. Technically I don't NEED calcium since it's a vinyl and not gunnite, but I have found it gives the water a softer feel.

The rest is pretty easy. I regularly dose with acid during the summer to bring the pH back down, otherwise just testing is needed. Of we get big rains where I have to drain, then I'll adjust other things, but otherwise it's automated and runs on autopilot for the most part. Even cleaning with the solar powered skimmer and the robot vacuum is easy.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 1:28:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Attachment Attached File

In other news...

I finished the stairs this weekend. Working today on finishing up the landings which are a challenge and some detail work, but they are done. Over the past few weeks as I've had an hour or two, I'd knock out one tread and do the next one when I had time. Sometimes it's little steps to get things done...

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 1:43:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 2:07:16 PM EDT
[#47]

It looks amazing, and I'm more knowledgeable about what is possible because you showed this here.

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

That's what makes this place great. I've learned a lot from Arf over the years so glad I could give back for once.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 8:10:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Welp, I came home yesterday from a trip having left 5 chickens. I am now down to 3 and trying to figure out what happened. I had one dead chicken in the run that had been pecked over, I'm assuming by the other hens. One is missing and she is the Houdini of escaping the run, so I figure she got out and was a hot snack for another animal somewhere.

I feel like being the first of June, it might be too late to start chicks. Yes or no? My concern is waterglassing eggs for winter like we did this year and not having enough. I dont light or heat the coop in the winter for the record so I have 'glassed eggs starting last year and it worked out well.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 8:27:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kitties-with-Sigs] [#49]
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 11:41:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Down to one chicken, something got my favorite one sometime between last night when they were in the coop and this morning.

I will be taking a post this evening with a rifle and the wizard eyes. I dont know what is killing my hens, but whatever it is, it dies tonight.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top