Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2019 9:42:07 PM EDT
hey fellas, since my heart surgery I don't have a full range of motion in my shoulders and chest. the bulkiness of my current cold weather coats caused a problem this season, especially with the layers underneath. having to learn to swing a shotgun again is alot worse than I realized.

i'm a stocky guy with a barrel chest- what are the warmest coats out there that aren't bulky but still able to have a good range of motion and fit under waders.?

whatever i choose has to bought over the web.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 12:40:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Under waders?
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 1:38:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Banded Nano Ultra-Light Down Jacket if you want a ton of warmth with limited layers.  
https://banded.com/shop-banded/?item=178484
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 5:27:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Is there a chance you can run a Buddy heater?  We hunt out of the boat blinds 98% of the time (field hunting geese excluded, obviously) and as soon as it starts to get cool, the heaters come out and you can strip at least a layer or 2 off and be comfortable.  Haters may laugh, but we are warm and propane is cheap.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 9:54:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is there a chance you can run a Buddy heater?  We hunt out of the boat blinds 98% of the time (field hunting geese excluded, obviously) and as soon as it starts to get cool, the heaters come out and you can strip at least a layer or 2 off and be comfortable.  Haters may laugh, but we are warm and propane is cheap.
View Quote
With the A-frame blinds and panel blinds, a guy can run heaters during field hunts as well.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 8:56:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

With the A-frame blinds and panel blinds, a guy can run heaters during field hunts as well.
View Quote
Correct, we generally hunt out of layouts.....will work well in that situation
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 11:41:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Banded Nano Ultra-Light Down Jacket if you want a ton of warmth with limited layers.  
https://banded.com/shop-banded/?item=178484
View Quote
If you like this one, check here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top