Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2021 9:50:54 PM EDT
anyone found any Memorial day charcoal deals yet ?
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 12:43:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump, I'm curious as well.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 8:06:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope... Used to be I'd stock up on the Lowes 2-20lb bag kingsford deal for around $10 at memorial day and be set all year.

Last year I didn't see it and this year it's gone too.

also, FYI don't buy the cheap Walmart royal oak charcoal. I bought a few of those one year and they are total garbage.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 10:02:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nope... Used to be I'd stock up on the Lowes 2-20lb bag kingsford deal for around $10 at memorial day and be set all year.

Last year I didn't see it and this year it's gone too.

also, FYI don't buy the cheap Walmart royal oak charcoal. I bought a few of those one year and they are total garbage.
View Quote

IDK about the briquettes I don't use those...but Royal Oak is not a 'cheap wal-mart charcoal'.

Their lump is great.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 8:53:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I’ve smoked quite a bit of meat on Royal Oak lump charcoal and it tastes good.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 8:09:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

IDK about the briquettes I don't use those...but Royal Oak is not a 'cheap wal-mart charcoal'.

Their lump is great.
View Quote

Yes, I was referring to the briquettes.

I have used their lump charcoal before and it's just fine but the "premium briquettes" were/are total crap.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 8:24:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I was looking too.  Looks like its gonna be the same as last year - no sales.  I too used to stock up on the 2 twenty pound value packs for $9.99.  Not any more.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 12:48:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Best I found was $17 for the dual 20lb pack at Sams.  Far cry from the $10 deal I was hoping for, but its something.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 5:56:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I was hoping for some sort of deal this weekend, but I've struck out.  I used the last bag I bought 2 years ago last month and wanted to stock up.

I will probably go to Sams and get enough for this summer and wait to see what might be on sale this labor day or wait until next year.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 10:32:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Most of the cheap briquettes are so full of clay and fillers that they smother themselves fairly quickly in a smoker. Probably fine for a grill where you only need it to stay lit for an hour or so, but a huge problem if you're trying to get 5 hrs out of them.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 9:01:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Probably won’t find may deals this year, supplies on everything are REALLY tight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top